Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: smells  (Read 1891 times)

Abby

smells
« on: March 29, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »

Hi All

I'm new to this menopause stuff so please bear with me. At 43 I have 2 young children and i'm finding it all very hard.  I started smelling smoke last august and it was everywhere, drove me crazy.  Then I started getting the hot flashes so I went to the doctors and she said I was premenopausal.  I asked if they were connected but she said not so referred me to my neurologist to see if it was connected with my epilepsy, im waiting on a mri scan.  Since then the smell of smoke is still here, my question...is there anyone else on here had similar problems who also have epilepsy.
Looking forward to hearing from you all x :)

Abby

Re: smells
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 06:22:55 PM »

Hi Anna

Thanks for your reply, a lot of what you say makes sence.  I will have to wait until I get my MRI scan to see whats going on.  Until then I will have to put up with the smell  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: smells
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 07:52:06 PM »

Some people on chemotherapy have different issues, i.e. a metallic taste or different smells.

It can be hormonal.  When I was taking The Pill I couldn't smell anything other than garbage  :-X although I didn't realise until I had stopped - after a few weeks I could smell the roses  :)

Also, I think that I smell whiffy but DH tells me that he can't smell anything different  :D - see 'Oh Errrr' thread ;-).