Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can HRT stop working?  (Read 1051 times)

Lynnhunter

Can HRT stop working?
« on: March 25, 2019, 04:25:16 PM »

Hi folks,
I'm having a really bad time with anxiety/ panic.. I've been on HRT for 4yrs, started on patches but quickly progressed to 2mg kliofem. The reason I decided to go on HRT way back then was because of horrendous anxiety/ panic which I didn't even know it was that that was happening with me. I lost a lot of weight and  needed something to help. I also had extremely high FSH levels. ( don't know if that makes much difference)
I've had a lot of viral infections in last 5 months including vertigo which doc gave medication for. I'm now off this And in the past week it feels like my body has taken a dip and I've hit a wall again. Went to GP who immediately prescribed AD but I went to health shop and they advised Passion flower 425mg 1 per day. So Im just on my 2nd day with that.
Is it possible for HRT to stop working or decrease and can you get stronger than 2mg?
I found out on here that there is a menopause doctor not far away on NHS so I'm going to ask to be referred to speak to them.. don't want to return to how it was 4yrs ago!
Thanks again for taking the time to read about my worries.

Lynn

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can HRT stop working?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 04:38:20 PM »

HRT amounts can be varied, mayB put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?  Also I'm sure that someone with HRT knowledge will be along, I didn't want to cut and run.

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

Lynnhunter

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 06:56:04 PM »

Thankyou. I appreciate your advice.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 07:05:57 PM »

You are welcome.

foreign body

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 02:58:00 AM »

well, i am on estrogel 2-3 pumps a day with utrogestan and  i noticed that it's not as effective as when i started four years ago. I started on 1 pump, and two years later i increased the dosage to 2 pumps. Now i have to use 3 to get the same effect. A lower dosage immediately brings on hot flushes, insomnia and anxiety. When i started i had been post-menopausal for a year, so maybe my body was still producing some estrogen, 4 years later i need more estrogen just to feel the same. It makes sense, because our bodies age and maybe our estrogen receptors become lazier or slower, possibly building a tolerance.

Anjia

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 07:58:05 AM »

Yes this happened to me I'm five years menopausal and have tried every method of hrt I was on a 75mcg patch then went down to 50 but then I felt awful again so my gp put me on gel I have been using one blob of gel and a 50mcg patch and feel much better I'm not sure how much that actually is now though and have to see my gp next week because she's trying to get me on a lower dose she will stop one of them .