Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Really struggling  (Read 1759 times)

Mrs Bennet

Really struggling
« on: March 20, 2019, 10:26:24 AM »

Morning.......it's me again 🙄 need some advice please......im really struggling with this bladder pressure thing..... I am currently using ovestin twice weekly after swapping from Vagifem......it's really not working i now have soreness and irritation too 😩.....along with a headache which was why I swapped in the first instance...doctor prescribed Zero base cream to use as a wash and a barrier but that is not helping either sitting is a nightmare .....i have an appointment for a transvaginal scan next week......anxiety is through the roof.......should I revert back to the vagifem?????  Xx

Joaniepat

Re: Really struggling
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:50:20 AM »

Yes, I would go back to Vagifem, and do the 2 or 3 week loading dose. Ovestin is great for those who can use it, but I'm one of those who can't as I react to it, maybe you're the same. This whole business is enough to give anyone a headache, it is very stressful until you get it under control.

As a barrier and moisturizer, how about trying an oil-based one, such as Yes oil based. Olive & Bee is also very good, just olive oil and beeswax.

It all takes time I'm afraid!

Best wishes,
JP x

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »

Thanks for that Joaniepat......have got the Yes  moisturiser so will revert to that ......really is very stressful....i seem to be very sensitive to any medication so it is so difficult......can't seem to find anyone who has the sane symptoms as me this pressure feeling and some urge and stress incontinance 😳......though not going any more than normal during the day and not needing to get up during the night  🙄 xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 11:18:50 AM »

Oooo thought Estriol cream was Ovestin 😳 xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 12:55:16 PM »

Use it every night for 3-4 weeks.  Sometimes I need an extra dose in t he afternoon plus a Nurofen 2 relax the bladder area.

Headaches can be caused by the body being dehydrated.  I'm having problems because I haven't had enough liquids since Friday  :-\ but I would never consider it was the Ovestin.  Background headache but not keeping me awake.

If you keep swapping you won't know what works.  Do not revert - use as well as ?  :-\ ? ..........

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »

Ok CLKD.....have just popped a urine sample in to surgery as the burn is quite bad 😳........although i know a dip test is useless.......clutching at straws i guess xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 01:19:23 PM »

Are they not sending the sample to a Lab., it's a waste of time otherwise. 

Get a dosage up there this afternoon  ;) and another this evening, use something on the outer labia and take pain relief.  Some use 'sylc' and/or 'yes' products too.  4 me it's about keeping the whole area supple and moist as it begins to itch when it drys. 

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 01:24:18 PM »

Ok  will administer asap....really must be very prune like me thinks 😳🤣🤣 xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 03:33:35 PM »

;). maybe have a look-see  :o

suzysunday

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 04:45:14 PM »

After 2 months of using alternate nights and still struggling, on my gp advice I used Ovestin every night for 5 or 6 weeks.  I'm still having a few bad days after 5 months.  It really stresses you, I cried a lot. It really is awful.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 04:51:01 PM »

So put an extra load in occasionally? plus pain relief which relaxes the bladder.  It really can make one feel miserable ........  :bighug: