Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is this right?  (Read 1103 times)

Charliegirl@

Is this right?
« on: March 17, 2019, 06:09:52 PM »

Can I just ask please, I have had a hysterectomy but kept ovaries, and been taken off HRT, have been experiencing what can only be described as period pains😧 and backache, with night sweats. I am 66, can this be right???
Anyone?

Taz2

Re: Is this right?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 06:18:58 PM »

The period pains are probably to do with the hysterectomy. I still get them four years after my op and it's been put down to the way my bowel has settled into the gap left by the uterus and also possible scar tissue.

If you've been taken off HRT then this can lead to the return of hit sweats as your oestrogen level will have dropped. Do you mind me asking why HRT has been stopped?

Taz x

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 06:29:29 PM »

Hi charliegirl,

If you have pelvic pain, it may be worth seeing a womens health physio, as they can help with  this.

Peppermintyx

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »

Agree with Taz, I've had a hysterectomy there are all sorts of pains/aches & niggles you can feel. I would also like to know why you have come off HRT as it will help with hot flushes etc

Charliegirl@

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 07:38:43 PM »

Came off due to high blood pressure,but have managed to reduce this, so thinking of asking to go back on it. Would patches be best?

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 08:13:55 PM »

Hypertension isn't a reason to be denied oestrogen, which in any case can be controlled with medication or lifestyle changes. I would ask to resume, using a transdermal delivery method. Don't leave it too long though, otherwise they might use your age as an excuse not to let you have it.

JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 08:34:45 PM »

Go back and have a chat and ask for HRT.  What's to lose?

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 05:53:25 PM »

I agree go back to your GP, I didn't think that high blood pressure should stop you taking HRT. I get on really well with patches.