Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 3468 times)

Bluebell

Vagifem
« on: March 12, 2019, 08:45:39 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm six years post menopause and suffered from vaginal atrophy.

I've been on vagifem for a few years.
 I first started taking it everyday for two weeks then twice weekly and it helped a lot.
 But lately my bladders been feeling sore and worse when sitting.
 I had a urine test done and it was clear.
 The menopause nurse said to take vagifem everynight and start pelvic exercises.
 I took the vagifem everynight for a week and I'm now using it alternate days and I'm also doing pelvic exercises.     
Unfortunately my bladder is still feeling sore and worse when sitting. Also after I go for a wee I feeel like I need to go back to the loo again. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Anyone else suffer with this?

Katejo

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:57:04 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm six years post menopause and suffered from vaginal atrophy.

I've been on vagifem for a few years.
 I first started taking it everyday for two weeks then twice weekly and it helped a lot.
 But lately my bladders been feeling sore and worse when sitting.
 I had a urine test done and it was clear.
 The menopause nurse said to take vagifem everynight and start pelvic exercises.
 I took the vagifem everynight for a week and I'm now using it alternate days and I'm also doing pelvic exercises.     
Unfortunately my bladder is still feeling sore and worse when sitting. Also after I go for a wee I feeel like I need to go back to the loo again. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Anyone else suffer with this?
Was your urine sample sent away for analysis? Have you heard about the unreliability of these tests?

Bluebell

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 08:03:38 AM »

Hi, yes ithe sample was sent away and came back clear. She did put me on antibiotics whilst waiting on the results.
I feel a pull on my bladder when I sit down after being to the loo. The menopause nurse said my cervix was quite low hence having to do the pelvic floor.

Was wondering if anyone uses vagifem daily?

I had a fibroid which shrunk when I went into the menopause - wondered if it would flare up again if I use the vagifem daily? 
If anyone has more knowledge than me I would be interested to hear. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 09:39:57 AM »

Hi, yes ithe sample was sent away and came back clear. She did put me on antibiotics whilst waiting on the results.
I feel a pull on my bladder when I sit down after being to the loo. The menopause nurse said my cervix was quite low hence having to do the pelvic floor.

Was wondering if anyone uses vagifem daily?

I had a fibroid which shrunk when I went into the menopause - wondered if it would flare up again if I use the vagifem daily? 
If anyone has more knowledge than me I would be interested to hear. 🤦🏼‍♀️
I use Vagifem daily or sometimes just alternate days. I haven't  had any adverse reaction as I did with Estriol.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »

Vagifem was initially delivered into the vagina at a 'stronger' dose.  25 I think, now it's 10?  Some ladies need to use it nightly as well as 'sylc' and 'yes' products.  It's Trial and Error until we find something that suits.

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »

It's a horrible condition. Mine flared up again after being of hrt for 3 months. I had all those wee symptoms. Been using Ovestin alternate nights for over 4 months now with a couple of sessions using it every night.  I am only now just about getting on top of it. Recent scans showed I have fibroids but my gp still let me use Ovestin as much as I needed. We are all different but it is such a stressful condition. It can really get you down.

Bluebell

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 07:39:01 PM »

Thanks for the replies ladies. I think I'll use the Vagifem everynight for another week and see how it goes. I was told that it's a very small amount.
 I don't always feel the need to wee - it's just worse after I've been for one I then feel the need to go back again.
If I go and sit down after being for a wee it feels like something is either pulling on my bladder or pressing on it?!
All a blooming nightmare...I ask friends if they had this and most say NO!
That's why I always come on here when I need some answers...it's great to get the advice. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

kimmyi

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 08:10:17 PM »

I know exactly what you mean Bluebell, this condition can be a lonely thing as talking about it can be awkward 😢 It's not something you go around talking about, that's why this forum is fabulous and reassuring in many ways.
I get that funny sort of feeling if I've been to the loo and that horrible pressure feeling. Been using Vagifem twice a week and am on Timbelone. It's a very distressing condition.

When all these symptoms happened to me two and a half years ago I thought what the hell is happening...I still think it now sometimes to be honest, you just have to try and be positive and don't get too anxious about it, which is easier said than done 😔

Talking about it on here really helps x

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 08:42:57 PM »

I have had those horrible pressure feelings on and off for 6 months. It really drains you and is so distressing. Many times I just start crying it's such a miserable feeling and makes you not want to do anything.

kimmyi

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 08:59:42 PM »

Suzysunday I know what you mean...not wanting to do anything, turning into a little couch potato 😯

I think to myself where is the girl I once was...run away I think lol x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »

Bluebell - maybe put two doses up for a couple of nights ?

suzysunday

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 09:07:13 PM »

Yrs a couch potato with a hot water bottle, oh the glamour! I never knew such a horrible condition existed till I got it.

Robin

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 09:10:18 PM »

You can get ice packs designed to put in your knickers from Amazon and disposable covers. I used to use them most of the time

Bluebell

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 07:44:27 AM »

Hi  Hummdinger,  when the menopause nurse examined me she said my cervix was very low - as you say the start of a prolapse. She said to do pelvic floor exercises which I'm doing ... although I'm just doing them twice a day to begin with. I'm not sure how long it will take until I feel the benefit.
Sometimes the cramping feeling is worse after doing them. 🙇🏼‍♀️

Dierdre

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 08:03:35 AM »

I found the traditional kegals didn't help and did the yoga positions cat and cow recommended by the pyshio, this worked for me, I could actually feel the prolapse being pulled in while doing this. I'd also up the vagifem dose for a few weeks if you have enough until the bladder feels better and the walls are strengthened and able to support again. It will probably take a few months so be patient.
Pages: [1] 2