Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 mg for 18 months. Do I need to up the dose?  (Read 725 times)

fluffyfred

• First Flush
Femoston 1/10 mg for 18 months. Do I need to up the dose?
« on: February 09, 2019, 11:41:06 AM »

Hi, I was prescribed Femoston 1/10 mg 18 months ago at age 50. I had no period for 3 months and was experiencing hot flushes and repeated UTI's etc. I have found them really really good and my life has went back to ‘ normal'.
In the last 2 months I have had no period again, haven't really had a decent nights sleep and am tired too, also loss of libido again.
I have an appointment with my GP in two days time and was wondering what might happen. Do I need to go onto 2/10 mg dose now?
Any help from similar experiences would be great. Thanks

dahliagirl

Re: Femoston 1/10 mg for 18 months. Do I need to up the dose?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 04:50:39 PM »

You can ask - I did this after about 2 1/2 years on the 1/10.  I found it helped even out some of my symptoms which has helped, but others have stayed the same.

I have been on that quite a while and am 55, so now, I am wondering if I dare ask to go down to a lower dose to try the femoston conti which is 1/5.  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Femoston 1/10 mg for 18 months. Do I need to up the dose?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 05:15:26 PM »

I've come across this a few times, about the Femoston.
I'm on femoston conti, since last February, and I find I'm up and down all the time.
Just can't seem to get a right dosage.
I take one and half mg everyday, (I get two prescriptions, one for 1mg & one for 0.5mg)
but I still find I get very low mood, anger, and crying a lot, so I upp the dose, but then suffer the side effects, ie, headaches, tummy upset, and sometimes breast pain.
I suppose, hrt isn't a miracle cure, and it's something I have to tweek every so often, or is it just the Femoston? I don't know, but after trying other hrt's this has been my best....xx