Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Let's talk  (Read 828 times)

Pmj 28

Let's talk
« on: January 11, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »

Hi just rang about seeing a counsellor just had enough of it all , have just up my HRT hoping it will help been on them for 3 weeks  after going to see a private doctor mine would not send me to a menopause clinic she told it what she was as I have put in a post before she said  that ladies in the past had managed with out HRT and said other things
Just feeling low my mum has bad arthritis and is in a lot of pain can not take strong painkillers so I am worried about her seeing her in pain every day .everything seems harder when your hormones are all over the place.
Paula

jaypo

Re: Let's talk
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:13:54 PM »

Hi Paula,wow,great dr you have there,how dare she say women in the past put up with the menopause so you should too,we used to put up with the plague and Black Death too but science has moved on & there is help out there. I find it shocking that you've had to go private also.hopefully the councillor will help you.
Can mum use voltarol gel?

Pmj 28

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »

Hi jaypo mum has tried that did not do any thing she went to doctors and put her back on ibuprofen see if that will help
Went to a counsellor 4 years a go when this all started helped then hope it will now every thing just getting to me now.
Paula

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 12:33:39 PM »

Her time will come - hopefully you will find out and will tell her 'ladies managed without treatment in the past'  ;)

I would go back and ask for Peer Reviewed Papers on how exactly they 'managed' !  HOW DARE SHE!

:bighug:

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »

Hi Paula.  Is there another doctor you could see at your practice that would may be a bit more sympathetic and understanding of your needs.  I had a similar experience when seeing a woman gynae and was told there are a lot of women, including doctors, that get through the menopause without taking hrt.  Well good for them.......they are the lucky ones but as we know, we're not all the same and some women do need help at this time of life.  It makes me as mad as hell that we have to fight so hard for what we want and need, especially when we are already feeling at a very low point.  Even getting through the doctors' receptionist to get an appointment can be a stressful experience!!

I hope you soon get the help you need and deserve.

Rosie63x

Pmj 28

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 02:12:47 PM »

Thank you Rosie63,been to see a another doctor said he new a little about it but not a lot he did his best but did not know really  what he was doing.
Paula

Ladybt28

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 02:22:24 PM »

Sorry to hear you are having a terrible time of it Pmj28. Flaming doctors and she's a women who should know better.  I agree with Rosie is there another doctor in the practice you can see.

Worrying about your mum when you are feeling so rough - it's just becomes a spiral.  I am prescribed a thing called Arthrotec which is a trade name for diclofenac and misoprosel (diclofenac is a painkiller and the other part protects the stomach) for joint pain. Each tablet last 12 hours and you take one in the morning and one at night.  There is a bit of a ho hah about diclofenac and the heart and some dr's don't like prescribing it but it's like anything you take any study and prove that something people have been taking for years is dangerous!  I have been on it 10 years and no heart problems. My view who wants to live to be 100 if you are in pain everyday. Better to live your life happy and pain free for however long!  As the name suggests it was probably designed for arthritis.  Anyway hope the ibruprofen works for her but more to the point you need sorted..

How did you get on with the private dr?  From your post am I reading right that you are only back on your hrt 3 weeks?

Pmj 28

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 02:41:56 PM »

Hi Ladybt28, thank for the reply my mum has had problems with her heart in the past going to a physio to see if see she can have a steroid injection next week
I got on ok with the private doctor she listened which helped I was on elleste duet 1mg and she said to try the 2mg ones doing ok with them I am due a period next week so don't know if that's why I am feel this way
Paula

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 02:46:19 PM »

HORMONES  >:(

I fume when I hear about GPs who state things - when I was 16 I asked for the Pill and my GP asked "How would you feel if I was a Roman Catholic and didn't agree with The Pill".  I told him "Your personal beliefs shouldn't come into the Surgery with you and if you feel that strongly you are in the wrong job!"  Brazen hussy  ;D.  He told me "You are so like your Father" and my retort: "Until you prove otherwise".  I got The Pill  :D

It's that they catch us off guard with such comments, pity we can't all have the quick retort!

Let us know how you feel.