Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: This is ALTERNATIVES section NOT Hrt!!!  (Read 8800 times)

sweettooth

This is ALTERNATIVES section NOT Hrt!!!
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:23:15 AM »

Can certain ladies please stop bashing others advice re Alternatives to Hrt, it is neither helpful or polite AND you do not know everything!!

This website forum is for all things menopause not just HRT

No wonder I don't post!!

Shadyglade

Re: This is ALTERNATIVES section NOT Hrt!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:26:45 AM »

I agree sweettooth.

I sometimes feel that if you haven't taken or don't want HRT, your opinion is irrelevant here.  >:(

Alternatives are not witchcraft.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:28:50 AM by Shadyglade »

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »

Don't take it either & have no intention of.Like every single med ever made,it may suit some but not others

Shadyglade

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:07:00 AM »

Don't take it either & have no intention of.Like every single med ever made,it may suit some but not others

Unfortunately vitamins and minerals are also disregard as ligitamate meno aids, by some.

AgathaC

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 08:08:12 AM »

No HRT for me. Lots of reasons for that. Really trying to get through this with diet, exercise, wellbeing, supplements. It's not easy!!!
P.S. Am thrilled that HRT works for so many ladies. I just feel committed to a non-HRT route xx

Conolly

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »

Hello ladies,

Same here, but I don't have a crystal ball  so who knows if I will need it in the near future. In the meantime I'm learning everything I can about it.

I don't understand the point of bashing alternatives. In some countries it's called complementary medicine, it complements the gaps left by conventional medicine. And boy, there are many gaps!

Conolly X

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 03:22:20 PM »

I just don't want putting anything chemical in my body,I mean I have to at times but really try not to,no probs with alternative treatments at all,if it works,brilliant,as Agatha said though when hrt works for some that's fantastic too
My dear old mums cupboard was full of alternative meds & she swore by them.
I do think we all need extra vitamins & minerals though (in my humble opinion 😊)

BlueButterfly

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 04:37:02 PM »

I know when I joined I was really looking forward to the alternatives section...but it has not been very active and yes, things get shut down very quickly when something comes up. I would really like to approach things as natural as possible. Yes, I used a bio-identical natural progesterone cream that I can buy over the counter. But I can't use estrogen and I would like to do everything I can to still keep healthy bones, heart, etc. I do hope that this section gets more active.

Shadyglade

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »

I think we have to be a bit more proactive and determined. Ignore any disrespect and carry on regardless.  :peace: :valkyrie:

Shadyglade

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 09:53:55 AM »

Um,  yes for most but one or two not so.

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 10:17:39 AM »

At the end of the day are we not all here to help and support one another?
If it wasn't for this site I would still think I was dying and going mad.
I tend just to bite my tongue at some comments,if hrt works for some that's brilliant,although sometimes it seems it's doing more harm than good for some ladies but you're right shadyglade, I then don't go storming in and tell them they should go the herbal route so I guess it should work both ways but aren't they just trying to help?or do yo mean they just shouldn't do it under this topic?
I take some advice and tend to ignore other advice I don't agree with
Let's all be friends 😊

Shadyglade

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 10:35:40 AM »

Oh jaypo, don't get me wrong. I am not say that naysayers should not comment. It's an open forum. It's the lack of respect sometimes that stokes the fire.

I could post examples but that would not help either.

We are lucky to have this section at all. Once I looked back to its beginning and it had to be fought for. It was only when one member approached Dr. Currie directly, it was allowed. If you read the posts around that time many members argued against it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:52:50 AM by Shadyglade »

Tc

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 11:52:12 AM »

Hiya. Just off shopping and wanting to buy evening primrose. I'm on hrt but as another member said it certainly isn't a adressing all the issues.
I'm 53 in surgical meno since August and have never taken supplements before that.
My skin is so dry it's driving me crazy. My hair is falling out and dry and even my eyes are dry. Oh Not!!
Just after some advice from those who know more than me, which wouldn't be hard I'm pretty clueless!!
Does it have to be a certain strength to be effective and also those supplements which have lots of things in one tablet for meno? What s the verdict on them.
I'm on b12 supplements from doc.
Thank you. And I'm very glad you were able to have this part of the forum.

jaypo

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 12:10:42 PM »

Hi tc👋 My daughter swears by vitamin e and c oils in the morning and rosehip oil in the evening.
My eyes are really dry but just in the morning when I try to open them 👀 like sandpaper,I know you can buy artificial tears from pharmacy.

Shadyglade

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 12:14:50 PM »

I can never put eye drops in properly so I use a spray. My optician says it's just as effective and was initially produced for people with parkinsons, whose hands are too shaky for drops.
Pages: [1] 2 3