Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Changing from ovestin back to vagifem  (Read 2705 times)

Otter15

Changing from ovestin back to vagifem
« on: December 28, 2018, 12:39:55 AM »

Hi all

It's 1.30 and I'm unable to sleep because the ovestin I've been using for the past few months seems to have stopped working. I've decided to use Vagifem again and see if that helps. I read in one discussion that you use it lower down and it helped inside and out. Is it ok to try it even less than half way? At the moment I despair of ever learning how to manage this properly. I feel I've got it - sort of - under control then it all changes again. :'(

Tinkerbell

Re: Changing from ovestin back to vagifem
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 01:37:46 AM »

Since I read about only inserting it halfway up I have had a further improvement with the Vagifem.
It will be fine to experiment and see what suits you, I also use Ovestin on the outside bits, might be worth trying that too.

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 03:34:46 PM »

hi ladies

can i ask your experience of when the ovestin stopped working ?

i'm on ovestin cream and seem to work well but the last 3 weeks i've been getting damp knickers but i don't think this is VA because even before starting ovestin i never had symtoms of VA although could well of been possible ! what i have thought that the dampness is maybe caused by ovestin as i haven't used it for few days been dry and i inserted a thrush pellet last night and it's come out in my underwear today making it wet i'm not due to use ovestin till friday so will see if still damp then i'm going to stop the gel see if it's that i don't think it's wee ! can any of you explain your symtoms when ovestin stopped working was dampness one of them ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:58:17 PM »

It's the product working ;-)

If symptoms recur do a reload - doesn't matter whether it's vagifem or ovestin, the idea is the same but the delivery is slightly different. 

I have to use ovestin nightly occasionally.  Along with pain relief 3 times a day.

Otter15

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 07:08:03 AM »

Hi Sammiejane

That post was written when I was still doing what my doctors told me!!

I struggled for months with dryness, soreness, swelling, stomach discomfort etc. I didn't experience dampness but I've read that others do.

Vagifem was unsuccessful and I eventually took the advice of the ladies on here. I used the ovestin (colpotrofin for me) every night for a few weeks then five times a week and now I use it alternate nights and it's been under control for a few months. If you're only using it two or three times a week - as I was told to do - then maybe do the reload and try using it more often and see what happens?

Good luck

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 08:38:38 AM »

'vagifem' is a very small amount of product.  Initially it was prescribed at 25, now it's 10.  Some ladies need it every night for years.

Glad that your symptoms have improved Otter15.