Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: To everyone who helped me ... MERRY CHRISTMAS 2018  (Read 3561 times)

EnglishRose

To everyone who helped me ... MERRY CHRISTMAS 2018
« on: December 25, 2018, 09:27:34 PM »

To everyone who helped and advised me and those who just read.. I wish you the very best Christmas for 2018 and an excellent New Year for 2019.

I'm at Yorkshire for Xmas just me and partner. Didn't imagine I'd be here 5 weeks ago.

Not cured but certainly headed in the right direction.

God Bless !

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: To everyone who helped me ... MERRY CHRISTMAS 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 10:05:19 PM »

Hi Englishrose.
Thank you..
I'm glad your away with your partner, give you some ‘me' time hopefully and time to relax.
I'm so glad your feeling a bit better, and long may it continue.

Have yourself a happy Xmas, and best wishes to you for the new year.🎆🎇

Jd xx

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 09:18:26 AM »

Hope you're having a lovely time xx

NorthArm

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 11:44:03 AM »

And a Merry Christmas to you too xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 12:32:20 PM »

Glad you are enjoying your trip.  Merry Christmas to you too

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 12:16:15 AM »

So glad to hear things are moving in the right direction RoseEnglish - you have had a really tough time of it and I appreciate exactly how you feel when you are in that tornado, well that's how it felt to me anyway when I got in that state in August. 
2019 is going to be a brilliant year I hope.... onwards and upwards out of the pit, may we all climb!
Have a great time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 12:58:43 PM »

Little steps.  Enjoy those feelings whilst they last - often I stand to absorb 'good' feelings ;-).  I saw a raindrop yesterday morning and it lightened my heart ..

EnglishRose

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 06:10:50 PM »

So glad to hear things are moving in the right direction RoseEnglish - you have had a really tough time of it and I appreciate exactly how you feel when you are in that tornado, well that's how it felt to me anyway when I got in that state in August. 
2019 is going to be a brilliant year I hope.... onwards and upwards out of the pit, may we all climb!
Have a great time.

<3

OMG yes, I was truly deeply depressed. I am about to undergo EMDR therapy which cost me £730 for 12 hours. Part of that is to handle the PTS of those weeks when I was convinced I had a horrible nerve disorder and wanted to die and the weeks lead in bed staring out of the window bc the TV could not hold my attention. And the lack of ANY support from my own family during that time and the accusations of "not being that bad" when they found out I went away on a last minute break at Xmas as my mood has lifted enough and my partner felt it was needed for me. ....can't choose your family right? :D

I hope you continue to get better sweety x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 09:17:12 PM »

That is a HUGE amount to pay for therapy .........  :-\ let us know how you get on.

EnglishRose

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 10:29:57 PM »

That is a HUGE amount to pay for therapy .........  :-\ let us know how you get on.

Yes it is. £50 an hour is standard for private. It is available on the nhs but as you can imagine the waiting lists are almost 12 months.
And I will report back for sure.

Gangan

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »

Hope that you haven't paid that amount upfront. EMDR doesn't suit everyone.

Gangan x

EnglishRose

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 09:27:46 PM »

Gangan x

I did yes. 😩 she said she refunds if clients want out. But I did wonder why and how many people can afford to pay upfront.
She said the nhs only provides 6 sessions and her experience is people who say they feel well at 6 weeks always come back because they've not got everything so 12 weeks covers even deeper hidden issues and if we feel I'm good she will refund the difference.

She gave me a list to score of my mental well-being before we begin explaining the scores will come down as we check.
She's got lots of positive reviews.

What's your experience? I

Gangan

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 10:46:00 PM »

Gangan x

What's your experience? I

I was having counselling privately several years ago now and the counsellor offered me EMDR in further sessions. She tried a bit of it with me and gave me a leaflet but i declined it. I went on to have more 12 counselling sessions on the NHS and just talking things out and being given coping methods helped me. I was referred by a pain clinic for the NHS ones.

I paid per session for the private counselling. In general i don't like paying for things upfront that i haven't seen but that is me and i can also be a bit of a cynic.

I hope that she will honour a refund if you find that you are not happy with the method.

Wishing you well.
Gangan x

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 10:59:57 PM »

In the 1990s I was paying £75.00 per hour privately - but the hour became less in that the Clinical Psychologist arrived later and began to leave earlier.  So I was no longer getting my hour.  By then I had talked myself out so didn't need her any more.  Venting helped stabilise my mental health.  I walked out and she never contacted me to see how I was.  I found the same with the NHS therapists - once I had left none 'phoned to see if the system had suited me or how I was.  1 or 2 follow up calls would have made a difference.  I suppose that they think that a client doesn't return so must be better?

The NHS can provide sessions.  It was 12 and I really believe that a good therapist will continue if necessary, regardless.  However, in late 1990s I waited 18 months after the GP referral letter: then I had a letter from the Mental Health Team asking if I still needed sessions  >:(.  So I went.  To tell them that I could well have been dead in the time it took!

Let us know how you get on.   When I saw the breast surgeon privately in 199?5, it was £100.00 - he examined me, did a needle biopsy and arranged a mammogram B4 offering surgery.

EnglishRose

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 11:31:51 PM »

In the 1990s I was paying £75.00 per hour privately - but the hour became less in that the Clinical Psychologist arrived later and began to leave earlier.  So I was no longer getting my hour.  By then I had talked myself out so didn't need her any more.  Venting helped stabilise my mental health.  I walked out and she never contacted me to see how I was.  I found the same with the NHS therapists - once I had left none 'phoned to see if the system had suited me or how I was.  1 or 2 follow up calls would have made a difference.  I suppose that they think that a client doesn't return so must be better?

The NHS can provide sessions.  It was 12 and I really believe that a good therapist will continue if necessary, regardless.  However, in late 1990s I waited 18 months after the GP referral letter: then I had a letter from the Mental Health Team asking if I still needed sessions  >:(.  So I went.  To tell them that I could well have been dead in the time it took!

Let us know how you get on.   When I saw the breast surgeon privately in 199?5, it was £100.00 - he examined me, did a needle biopsy and arranged a mammogram B4 offering surgery.

It's a joke. What good is offering therapy if you have to wait a year or 18 months? That's a lifetime when you're in a dark place it's totally pointless. I feel so bad for those who desperately need it and can't go private.
The NHS is slowly but surely pushing us to health care insurance, were fast becoming like America
Pages: [1] 2