Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Boys can have periods  (Read 8652 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Boys can have periods
« on: December 18, 2018, 03:04:18 PM »

>:(

Headline in the Times yesterday. 

Shadyglade

Re: Boys can have periods
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 03:22:28 PM »

Absolute codswolp.  This PC world has gone mad  >:(

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 03:33:13 PM »

Perhaps they are the 'gender fluid' ones ie girls?
Didn't see the article but without the relevant orifice - how??

Shadyglade

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 03:45:24 PM »

Exactly.  To tell you the truth I'm fed up with people being offended.  Life has become a minefield. People will be frightened to speak to anyone they don't know soon

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 04:19:18 PM »

Beyond Madness - what happens if boys actually started bleeding from their bits - having been taught this they would think it was perfectly normal!!!!!!  how many deaths could that cause - and gender reassigned persons don't bleed anyway! >:( >:( >:( ??? ::)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »

That was my thoughts exactly.  The UK is busy pleasing the minorities.

Boys should be told that they cannot have periods.  They have to be told that the pituitary gland triggers puberty which leads to the ovaries being prepared to release a monthly egg down the fallopian tunes into the womb which leads to a bleed if the girl isn't pregnant. 

Even if someone changes from boy to girl, surely it won't involve a bleed as well  :o.  I haven't read Celia Walden's response yet in the Telegraph today, should be interesting  ;).  I didn't know what periods were leave alone that people weren't happy in their bodies.  I did know someone who was raised a girl but wanted to be a boy ........ I was 17 and he was in his 20s so it was all a bit of a mystery  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 05:16:39 PM »

Teachers are being encouraged to tell primary school children that boys can have periods to avoid upsetting transgender pupils.

The Times:

Advice on sex education lessons issued by a local authority states that teachers should discuss menstruation in a way that is inclusive of all genders.

The guidance, published by Brighton and Hove city council, on which Labour is the largest party with minority control, was criticised as sacrificing clear information for girls in favour of political correctness.

It states: “Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods.”

The guidance advises teachers that language used to talk about menstruation should be inclusive of all genders and that bins for tampons and other period products should be provided in male and female school lavatories.

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 05:28:12 PM »

Jez spare me...I think I need to find me a desert island.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »

You won't be alone for long  ;D

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 06:10:15 PM »

The guidance advises teachers that language used to talk about menstruation should be inclusive of all genders and that bins for tampons and other period products should be provided in male and female school lavatories.
This is beyond the pail. What happened to the rights of every 'binary' pupil? If I was a boy I wouldn't want a girl watching while I used the urinal, and boys in the girl's toilets and changing rooms is equally unacceptable. Even worse when they're adults and expect to use the wrong toilet or changing room. IMO male bits = male, female bits = female. If they've gone through recontructive surgery then I would consider them the sex they changed to.
  When I was at school I would happily have changed to male if it was an option, but clearly I am not male. I worry how many will change sex and regret it later.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 07:02:31 PM »

It's up to the Consultants to put a stop to it all.  The NHS is overstretched anyway.

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 07:08:14 PM »

Hello ladies.

If the article was serious about who can have periods it must mean people who were born female and have a womb. I assume the transgender aspect refers to females who are transitioning to male but haven't yet had a hysterectomy so they are still menstruating.

It must be awful to feel that you were born into the wrong body and then face the various surgeries and hormonal treatments to correct what you believe to be a dreadful mistake. It's difficult enough dealing with hormonal upheaval when you are a menopausal woman who is happy to stay female! As in all things a little sympathy for the plight of others is an admirable thing.

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 07:12:35 PM »

This is about telling boys that they can have periods.  According to the article.  I posted part of the article which can be read in full by doing a 'search'. 

Boys at 11 shouldn't be bothered with this idea anyway.  Teenage is hard enough!

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 10:53:24 PM »

Kathleen I don't think anyone is criticising the few who are genuinely transgender, I'm certainly not. It's the 'jump on the bandwagon' ones I worry about. And I appreciate how hard it is for those few but their rights shouldn't trample on the rights of the majority who don't want to share facilities with the opposite sex. Clearly not the same but did you hear of the trans-gender rapist sent to a female prison who then raped two of the female inmates? In my view the rights of the females not to share with someone with male bits should trump his right to identify himself as female and so be sent to a female prison.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 11:23:05 AM »

well said sheila99 ........ it's like paedophiles that go into teaching, or more recently in my area, 2 that become Police Officers - one quite high up in Rank but took advantage.  One had been in post less than a year. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4