Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New here,looking for advice  (Read 1559 times)

Dottywigg

New here,looking for advice
« on: December 05, 2018, 03:00:07 PM »

Hi
I've really enjoyed reading the posts on this forum as they let me know I'm not slowly going crazy. I don't know where I am on this journey, is there a way to find out? I was almost a year period free then had a light spotting last month. I've been suffering so bad the last 3 month with acute Adrenalin rushes on a daily basis. I'm being woke up at stupid times in the night and can't get back to sleep due to tingling on my body and sweats. I take 20mg fluoxetine daily for the anxiety. I have had bloods done in September all ok. So why if my bloods are normal do I feel so debilitated daily. I have a gp appt on Friday and hoping to get somewhere this time but what do I ask? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Dotty xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here,looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »

:welcomemm:

Blood tests are reliably unreliable  ::).  Maybe make a list of your symptoms to discuss at your appt.?  Let us know how you get on.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:34:08 PM »

Yep I agree with clkd,blood tests don't show up certain menopause symptoms,I hadn't a clue what was wrong with me to start with,adrenaline rushes were freaking me out and tbh the dr I saw hadn't a clue,just gave me something for heartburn!!
Write down everything,worst things at top and DO NOT let gp rush you out the door
Good luck

Dottywigg

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 07:41:23 PM »

Thanks for the replies
I was given Omeprazole for the nausea I get with the rushes lol I'm hoping to see a more knowledgable doctor next and get this sorted. It's frustrating to say the least.
Thanks again x

NaturalMystic

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 07:50:56 PM »

Dotty, you are obviously post, or almost post, meno.  What did you experience during peri?

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 07:54:06 PM »

That's what I was given dotty,it did help with the nausea but not the flutters,now I know what they are I'm not so concerned 😊
Let us all know how you get on,we're always interested in drs diagnosis

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »

Early morning wakening can be the hormone cortisol.  Maybe if you eat a small supper it will ease as being hungry can cause anxiety.

Dottywigg

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 10:43:30 AM »

I'm so grateful for the replies thank you.
I hope I am getting to post meno as I don't think I could do this too much longer lol
I didn't know I was even in peri but looking back I can see signs. I have suffered with weight gain,joint pain and restlessness. My period became heavy and clotty and the pmt was awful. I have high blood pressure and diabetes as well. I could cope better if I didn't have the constant nausea and Adrenalin rushes. I can't eat regularly due to the nausea and losing weight at a rate but I wish I could control it.
Thanks again ladies xx

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 03:12:49 PM »

It's awful isn't it? I lost over half a stone in a week or two but that was down to anxiety (I hope) I'm kinda used to the adrenaline rush thing now,just got used to it ,I can't cope with nausea though but like I say took omeprazole & after a couple of days it did get better.
Do you suffer anxiety at all'sometimes you don't even know that you do😟 I think it's when you start suffering all these weird and wonderful things happening to your body & you haven't a clue what's going on,that's when it can set in.
Anyway you're definitely not alone😊
All the best

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »

Then you need something to ease the nausea [long story short].  Grazing won't put weight on, the idea is to spread the whole diet across 24 hours.  [NAPS advice 1990s 2 me].

Dottywigg

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »

I find I can't eat anything till evening when the nausea eases off. I know if I can eat in the day it would help but just can't face it. I use an anti sickness but still feel awful. I see gp tmw so hope there are answers.  Thanks again ladies 😘

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 07:11:18 PM »

Let us know dotty .good luck

AG

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 07:44:31 PM »

I had a bout of nausea earlier this year and a low dose of magnesium with some B vitamins (low dose) helped with this. Now I luckily only get nausea occassionally but it is horrible. I do hope something will work for you. Anna