Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is Conti making me insecure? Is the change to Conti causing my sleep problems?  (Read 936 times)

ernie567

Hi there

I'm 53 and was on Evorel Sequi for 18 months then changed to Evorel Conti in October this year.

I've noticed two things and I'm wondering if they're as a result of the new HRT regime:

Firstly, I'm waking up at 5ish every morning and can't get back to sleep. I didn't have this before HRT and with the Sequi so I'm wondering if it's because I've switched to Conti. I'm exhausted.

Secondly, I've become really insecure. I've always felt overwhelmed and anxious as part of my menopause, but I'm now feeling incredibly insecure and tearful. It's affecting me at work (am I doing my job well, how am I getting on with other people, am I making enough effort and is this being noticed) and in my relationship (does he still like me, does he fancy other women, is he not showing me affection, if someone shows an interest in him will his head be turned). I'm sure it's a real pain for my partner as I'm seeking reassurance all time. I'm crying at things I wouldn't normally cry over.

I also had a period last week, which I think made me emotional in a hormonal way.

I know people report bad sleep as a menopause issue, but could the change in HRT be causing my sleep problems?
Do you think it's the HRT that could be causing this overdrive in insecurity?
The funny thing is, for the first few weeks on Conti I felt on top of the world, really confident, able to face anything and really quite happy!

:-\

Thanks for any comments on this.

sheila99

If it was the change to conti I would have expected you to notice it soon after you changed. Perhaps a higher dose?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

:bighug:  is there any hints in the leaflet in the packet. 

HORMONES  >:(  :D ........