Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hypersensitive spine buttocks legs shivers shudder  (Read 2835 times)

EnglishRose

Hypersensitive spine buttocks legs shivers shudder
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »

Hi

I know it's a long shot but anyone got this:

Upper buttocks lower back at times I can't lie on it or put weight on it.
The area seems fizzy for want of a better word.. hyper sensitive if clothing brushes against it. No pain just a shivery sensation like someone's walked over my grave.
If I've been lead or sat down and turn on my side the area is kind of pins and needles and it aches like it's numb but also aching. I'm constantly having to put a cushion under my bottom to take pressure off my upper buttocks/lower back area as it just feels uncomfortable.

The hypersensitive  feeling to my lower back upper buttocks  extends to my upper spine (sometimes shoulders) buttocks and legs including calves. The skin on these areas is horrible in the sense that clothing gently brushing against it makes me want to crawl out of my own skin.
I can touch it normally with no issues.

I'm also suffering from vaginal pain and burning too,

Fed up, 6 weeks

AgathaC

Re: Hypersensitive spine buttocks legs shivers shudder
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 11:26:10 PM »

Just a thought. Do you take magnesium? If you don't, have a look on the symptoms of magnesium deficiency xxx

EnglishRose

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 05:31:15 PM »

And also b12 deficiency, has that been checked recently?

Yes I'm fine for b12. 👍

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »

Hi Roseenglish.
Sounds like it's a nerve problem to me.
My OH. Has degenerative  disc disease and constantly has back pain,(also has 2 slipped discs,)
which when it's bearable, strong painkillers help, but when it's been really bad,
will affect the nerves that stretch down the leg, and other areas too.
One time, he couldn't stand anything touching his one leg, the pain and sensations were horrendous, couldn't even stand a sheet touching it, and if you walked past, or made any kind of breeze, it was really painful. All this from his back!
In the end, he had to go and have an epidural injection into his spine (like pregnant women have, during labour) to get rid of the pain, as nothing else worked.

Maybe, you've got a protruding disc? And/Or a trapped nerve?
I'd go to docs and get checked out if I were you.

It could be weeks and weeks before that gets better.....

Jd xx

EnglishRose

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 10:53:08 PM »

Hi Roseenglish.
Sounds like it's a nerve problem to me.
My OH. Has degenerative  disc disease and constantly has back pain,(also has 2 slipped discs,)
which when it's bearable, strong painkillers help, but when it's been really bad,
will affect the nerves that stretch down the leg, and other areas too.
One time, he couldn't stand anything touching his one leg, the pain and sensations were horrendous, couldn't even stand a sheet touching it, and if you walked past, or made any kind of breeze, it was really painful. All this from his back!
In the end, he had to go and have an epidural injection into his spine (like pregnant women have, during labour) to get rid of the pain, as nothing else worked.

Maybe, you've got a protruding disc? And/Or a trapped nerve?
I'd go to docs and get checked out if I were you.

It could be weeks and weeks before that gets better.....

Jd xx

Epidural? Surely that can only provide temp relief (?)
Can he not have surgery?
Sounds awful  :(

The pain is mild but the sensation to the skin on my spine buttocks and legs is awful it doesn't hurt it's just a hyper sensitive sensation we're light touch makes me shiver and shudder but if I place my hand on the skin...  nothing.

It started the same time I noticed sensations to my vag like sexual sensations, that's now turned mostly into pain for the most part, stabbing in and outside and sense of sunburn to the skin around my vulva and bottom.
And if I'm not with that, I get the back/skin issues as well as restless legs ...I'm miserable 😩

It never happens all at once thank god.. and flares the same time in the day regardless of what I've done. About dinner time.

It always goes away when I'm asleep and I never wake up with it.
Sitting doesn't appear to make it worse.

I head hunted a women's physio therapist who worked with the pudendal nerve which is the nerve that supplies sensation to anus clitorus vagina and pelvis.
She tested trigger points for the pudendal nerve and i was supposed to feel ****ly or pains and needles or sharp pain if the nerve was trapped. I felt nothing.
So that rules out pudendal neurologica for the most part.

My oestrogen was minus 18 last time I checked so I'm using vagifem to adddress any vaginal Atrophy and full HRT to bring my oestrogen back into a healthy range

Have Gynecology appt on 27 with a view to have lower spine MRI

I hope it's my hormones... or at least something that can be sorted out like physio therapy or surgery 😒

lack of oestrogen effects our muscles bones ligaments and we lose support to our reproductive organs as well as our back.. back pain especially lower back pain is one of the highest complaints by peri and menopausal women so I'm praying it's the lack of oestrogen x
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:02:42 PM by Roseenglish »

EnglishRose

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 11:20:06 PM »

Extract on lower back pain in perimenopause and menopausal women

As their life expectancy increases, contemporary women live a third of their life in menopause [1]. Chronic pain is more prevalent in women than in men, and it increases with age [2–4]. According to Whelan et al., even 80% of women suffer from various symptoms (including pain) in the perimenopausal period (which is usually defined as the age range of 45-55) [5].

Going from a premenopausal period to a postmenopausal one is a result of slower production of female hormones by ovaries. This process is gradual and spread over time, and a natural part of aging. Numerous symptoms associated with the perimenopausal period have been identified. Physical ones can include spine and joint pain, hot flashes, night sweats, chronic tiredness; psychological symptoms can include irritation and anxiety, mood swings, depression and sleep disorders. The analyzed studies showed an association between the menopausal period and depression, hot flashes and sleep disorders but little attention was paid to pain (in spine and peripheral joints) as an equally prevalent symptom associated with this period of life [6].

This review focuses on the association between the perimenopausal and post-menopausal periods of life and low back pain (LBP). Additionally, it describes physiotherapeutic procedures used to treat low back pain.

Spine pain, especially in the lumbar region, is a serious health issue in the modern world.

Premenopausal women who had had a regular period in the past three months.
Early perimenopausal women who had an irregular period in the past three months.
Late perimenopausal women who had menstruated irregularly in the last 12 months but not in the last 3 months.
Postmenopausal women who had not menstruated in the last 12 months.
A separate group of women who have hormone replacement therapy.

All analyzed studies showed that women who are experiencing or experienced menopause suffered from increased joint and spine pain.

According to Dugan et al. [10], 61% of women in the study group of 2218 reported lumbar spine pain. Back pain experienced at least once in two weeks prior to the study was reported by 56% of 294 women in group 1 (premenopausal), 65% of 856 women in group 2 (early perimenopausal), 59% of 137 women in group 3 (late perimenopausal) and 61% of 152 women in group 4 (postmenopausal). Additionally, an association between increased BMI and increased pain was observed, which probably is a result of increased mechanical loading of the spine. Mitchell and Woods [12] divided their study subjects into similar groups. In group 1 (late reproductive stage), of 196 women, 81.6% reported pain; in group 2 (early transition stage), of 171 women, 77.8% reported pain; in group 3 (late transition stage), of 106 women, 83% reported pain; in group 4 (early postmenopause), of 67 women, 80.6% reported pain.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 11:49:11 AM »

Hi Roseenglish.
One dr did say he could have surgery, but when assessed by a more senior consultant,
he said surgery wouldn't help. And if they went down that route he would always be having
some sort of surgery through out his life. So pain management was the way to go because
there was no guarantee that surgery would be a success in the first place.
The epidural injection did work, but your right, only lasted for a short period, but, that gave it a chance for the inflammation to settle down, which then lead way for a more settled period. Tbh, he hasn't had it THAT bad for a couple of years, he still gets pain in that same leg, and his back is nearly always troublesome, but for now at least, he manages it with painkillers, and strong ibuprofen.
He had numerous MRI  scans, which showed his problems in the first place, so hopefully yours will show any problems you have. But like you say, hopefully it'll be all down to oestrogen.

Hope you start to feel better soon, it's no joke when your in pain day in day out, no wonder your so down and depressed.
Good luck, and keep us posted... keep taking the painkillers......xx

helenmelon

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »

Hi Roseenglish,

I've had it in my upper back, it's hard to explain the feeling, but almost like tiny snakes rippling the skin, a bit sun burn feeling but just very odd.

Mine started in peri, on HRT now but still get it occasionally. It makes me feel quite odd in a cold shiver kind of way. It's an odd one to explain to anyone because it sounds a bit weird!

Just one of the many and varied symptoms I think, fab isn't it 😂

EnglishRose

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »

Hi Roseenglish,

I've had it in my upper back, it's hard to explain the feeling, but almost like tiny snakes rippling the skin, a bit sun burn feeling but just very odd.

Mine started in peri, on HRT now but still get it occasionally. It makes me feel quite odd in a cold shiver kind of way. It's an odd one to explain to anyone because it sounds a bit weird!

Just one of the many and varied symptoms I think, fab isn't it 😂

Thanks 🙏
I hate it I want to climb out of my skin, I know there's a condition called formication (?) Which is described at insects 🦟 under the skin.
I can't say it feels like that.. just very hypersensitive skin to back buttocks and legs so walking  or shifting in a chair makes clothing brush against my skin and I hate it,,, it's like nails on a chalk board.... makes me shiver and shudder... sometimes I get goosebumps but I'm not cold.

I do think it's linked to my lower back, I can't sit in a car for long now without discomfort and pushing myself up off the seat with me hands to take pressure off my lower back same in bed, the sacram area is achy.
Having an mri soon... feels like trapped nerve or disc...
I'm ok if I'm can sit with my feet up on the chair otherwise I'm so uncomfortable 😣
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 06:56:05 PM by Roseenglish »

Emilsen

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2022, 07:27:50 AM »

Dear English Rose,
I am aware that this is a very old thread and I hope you are feeling much better now.
I unfortunately suffer from the same symptoms as you describe, with hypersensitivity and PGAD, so I wanted to ask you if you ever found an explanation or had a diagnosis for your symptoms. I am going out of my skin and am desperate as no doctors have been able to find the cause.
Best regards from Denmark!

Cara999

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 11:09:37 AM »

Could it be coming from tight pelvic floor as this can cause vaginal soreness too xx