Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Won’t be taking them again  (Read 5696 times)

jaypo

Won’t be taking them again
« on: November 11, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »

Well I was on day 3 of sertraline & then last night I thought I was dying,nausea kicked in big stylee,when it comes to feeling sick,I'm the biggest wimp in the world,think I'd rather suffer the anxiety,not eaten anything since yesterday t time & definitely not taking another of those tablets.Has anyone else suffered like that?Is there any anxiety medication that doesn't make you sick?
Helllllllllp😔

Blot

Re: Won’t be taking them again
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 05:27:12 PM »

Nausea is one of the most common side effects with sertraline I think. But it passes. My mum was on this and experienced the same thing but she kept on with it and it was marvellous for her. Saw her through some really stressful situations and when she was ready, she came of it no problem. Have a think about it.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »

So sorry to hear that Jaypo.
Have you tried antihistamines at night time before bed?
I use those when my anxiety is bad.
In fact I've just had to take them for the last 3 nights, and today it's almost gone.
You get a good nights sleep too. Lol
Might be a good thing if you experience sea sickness too, when you go on your cruise.
Might be worth a try, just to get a little relief from the awful anxiety, and if your scared to try any other antidepressant.

Jd xx

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »

Thanks ladies,what antihistamine do you use  Jillydoll? I don't suffer with insomnia thank goodness but I'm not taking some drug that makes you want to vomit,it's truly awful 😩

Shadyglade

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »

There are several other Ads you could try. As for the antihistamines you need one of the old fashioned ones like Puriton.

Beware though DO NOT take them if you are still on ADs.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »

Yeah, can imagine. Horrible.
I use Benadryl, Acrivastine.
There are other ones to try, but the other ones make me drowsy all flipping day,
but these ones don't affect me that much.
I pay £2.99 for a box 12. From Savers. They're more from Boots/Superdrug.
I'd rather take these than antidepressants, and like I say, I only use them when my anxiety's really bad.....

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 06:02:36 PM »

Will definitely give it a try,I can't be THAT ill for even a few days,not long out of my bed.oh what a life xx

Dancing Queen

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »

Hi Jaypo I can really sympathise, I took venlaxafine for 3 days and couldn't function I felt so ill. No more I thought what the hell am I putting in my body I bet crack cocaine wouldnt make me feel this bad! Im lucky that hrt has now helped me a lot with absolutely no side effects. Hope you get a solution x

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 07:02:33 PM »

Thanks dancing queen, I totally agree with you,what the hell do these drugs do to your body?

Dancing Queen

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 10:15:29 PM »

I wouldn't condemn them as they work well for some people but my body said No. We all have to find what works best for us and it's a struggle x

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 10:48:45 PM »

Yes very true,my body definitely said no,in no uncertain terms 😩

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 11:35:57 PM »

Side effects can be dire  :'(

daisie

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 08:50:09 AM »

hi japo yes im the same on the ssri antidepressants cannot take those .they make me feel sick cant sleep cant stop  yawning im on amiriptyline the older antidepressant been on them over 10 years .they tell you to carry on taking them that the side effects will go once your body gets used to them but i couldnt the sickness was so bad ,they also put me off my food .why dont you try the older tricyclic antideprssant   

jaypo

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »

Hi daisie, I know,dr said you'll maybe feel worse before you get better,WORSE? I was in my bed for nearly two days & I'm still feeling nauseous,the whole point was to get rid of anxiety so my weight would stop falling but I haven't eaten in two days,did you have any side effects on amitryptiline?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 10:21:07 AM »

My OH was given amitryptiline, for nerve pain.
He took one, just before we headed off on our holiday,
It made him really quiet, and subdued at the airport, I was really worried about him.
He was fine, but he didn't like the way they made him feel, he'll never take another one.
Pages: [1] 2 3