Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Aching hips and back on HRT patches  (Read 2709 times)

thegregs52

Aching hips and back on HRT patches
« on: November 06, 2018, 09:01:22 AM »

I am peri-menopausal and am still having periods, all be it very irregular, i.e. sometimes weeks apart and sometimes 7 months apart.  I am currently taking Evorel 100 patches and also taking 5mg progesterone tablets for 14 days then a break for 14 days.  I was taking estrogen and progesterone patches combined but they didn't agree with me.  My symptoms seem to be okay on this current method but on both patches I get really achy hips and back.  Does anyone else suffer with this?  I have also just been diagnosed with a large fibroid so not sure if this is the cause.

helenmelon

Re: Aching hips and back on HRT patches
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 05:57:01 PM »

Hi thegregs52,

I was on Evorel and when I started it I had very painful legs and hips almost crap like but also an ache feeling, but it settled down after a few months.

I also had a large fibroid 9cm and others that were 3 and 4 cams. I had extreme pain in my pelvis, back like a pressure feeling. This was long before I started HRT sand I had successful Uterine Fibroid Embolisation that reduced my largest fibroid to 3cm and it still the same.
Doctors told me over a period of about 10 years that the fibroids would not cause the pain but they certainly did, they also caused me to need to wee very regularly. Every since the embolisation I haven't had any problems apart from the side effects from Evorel in the beginning.

Hope you find some relief, do you know how big your fibroid ???

jaypo

Re: Aching hips and back on HRT patches
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 06:33:33 PM »

Hi,yes aching hips & back, I remember it well,it's all to do with inflammation, I had fibroids & my periods were unbearable,so got a partial hysterectomy but when my periods were heavy,my hips & lower back were so achey.
Hope you get some relief,nice hot water bottle 😊