Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Funny Story  (Read 626 times)

SueLW

Funny Story
« on: October 19, 2018, 03:47:07 PM »

Two evenings ago my husband and I were sitting watching an hour of TV (we don't have a TV, we use a laptop, and an hour a night is about all we watch) when our cat Rosie (19 years old now and full of her own opinions) began the pacing around the room routine.  She does this, incorporates a circuit behind the wood stove, back out and round the room, yowling as she goes.  We shout at her to shut up.  She gives us a dirty look and repeats.

After she'd done this a few times my husband turned to me and said "we are going to have to start lighting it soon you know".  Because she is doing this routine to tell us to light the damn fire!  Sometimes in the morning she gets into her basket next to the fire and sits there staring at the glass door really hard, willing it to burst into flames for her. 

I'm still using the summer duvet and not wearing a coat unless it's raining.  I'm sat typing this in my warehouse with the doors wide open and I'm in a t-shirt.

I don't do flushes, but I am always warm.  Most odd for a hypothyroid patient, but it's just me it seems.  Poor cat.  Perhaps tonight I'll grit my teeth and light the wood stove for her.

Ladybt28

Re: Funny Story
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 04:15:43 PM »

See pets SueLW - they may not speak in human language but they can certainly make their requirements known!  We have two dogs, Ronnie tries to answer us back when we talk to her - in her mind she is certainly having a conversation.  We say something, she answers, we answer her and on she goes.  The other one, Rio, who is a big mountain dog just gets hold of your hands with his paws and tries to guide you to where he wants to go!   Its interesting the female likes: sunbathing, cheese, chocolate and shouting at you! (a proper little girlie, we say!)  The male is just the strong silent type who rolls his eyes at the little female, lets her do what she likes but is very protective.  If she is out of his sight too long he goes looking for her, he also watches her while she eats her dinner before he starts his own. 

Whether you believe in that kind of thing or not, I often say that I think pets are just reincarnated toddlers.  Sorry but I am soppy about my animals, I cant imagine my life without them :stupid: :wub:
Put the fire on SueLW!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Funny Story
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 04:37:56 PM »

;D. Our Siamese would sit looking up the chimney if he was cold or sit in front of the blow heater  ::).  He would look into the grill to see if it was warmer inside.  If I was late going to bed he would stand half-way up the stairs and meow .........