Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Coping with work and menopause  (Read 927 times)

Sammas

Coping with work and menopause
« on: October 17, 2018, 04:56:08 PM »

Hi, I would really value your experience of working with peri symptoms and what you do to help ease things. I work full time, love my job but feel peri is affecting things
Thanks S x

Hurdity

Re: Coping with work and menopause
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »

I was working full-time when I was peri and the flushes and emotional side were terrible - I was always crying over issues and things that went wrong (although I am sure they were pretty minor really). HRT sorted all the flushes and sweats and helped with the emotional side although the crying continued for a little while! It was a bit embarrassing!

Hurdity  x

Mushyjam49

Re: Coping with work and menopause
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 03:30:43 PM »

I work Full time I think in some workplaces Menopause really is a dirty word not to be discussed in the working environment.  Things have come on some way but I still believe it is such a difficult environment when you are peri-menopausal especially if you have colleagues or an HR Department that appears totally out of touch with the symptoms, and preferring to just walk away looking embarrassed, sometimes I believe some workplaces are so not fit for purpose  >:( sorry I am digressing!!!!

I still suffer brain fog - only today I completely forgot how to enter a certain system we have to use and sat there looking at it in total confusion.....

I also take breaks especially if I am a little warm or feel a surge of heat rising which helps. 

Lunch breaks for me involve a brisk walk outside - which always helps clear my head and ease any stresses I am having at the time as well.   Just taking the time to breathe and clear the mind works for me.