Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Sick of feeling like I'm losing my mind...  (Read 40428 times)

Charys

Re: Sick of feeling like I'm losing my mind...
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2018, 08:10:34 PM »

;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2018, 06:00:09 PM »

Where were you all  :-\  ;D

EnglishRose

« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »

I can sleep well most nights. Went through a phase early peri when the week before period I'd have 4 hours and actually would get anxiety about not sleeping..which created a vicious circle,

Currently I'm sleeping too much on better days. I can sleep 10 hours and still fall asleep after dinner watching TV.

On other days I'm waking early, basically if I don't fall asleep at tv at dinner I'm going to have a bad night sleep that night.

No idea what causes me to be catatonic one day and insomniac the next.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2018, 01:52:32 PM »

Same slept great for a couple of days then up so much last night! I can blame last night on night sweats and my awful period. Lots of cramping, heavy but not as bad as other times, slightly better...still had to get up once in the night because of it. Always happens though, even on the pill I was like that. After the first day I don't usually have to again. Guess we will see. Can't believe the cramping. Really hoped this period would be better with more use of the progesterone. Lots of clots and thick blood. Maybe it's just more shedding as my body trues to get rid of everything in there? Maybe I need to use more cream....I feel good at this dose but it's this or the pill and I need the endometriosis controlled.....no surgery yet, don't want to. Not sure what I should do at this point...I need to get my cysts and endo under control but it's been such a relief not dealing with the anxiety. I'm very scared of what will happen if I start the minipill...will I be fine, anxiety come back, or worse..I turn into a raving bitch? I worry about that last one. Still have children at home and don't want to do that to them. It was bad enough with the anxiety and panic attacks. I can't go back to that. Maybe if we were closer to family and I had some help or my kids had a place to go when mommy was losing it.....just so confused and scared of what to do....and that "odd growth" on my ovary I was prescribed the pill for....only showed up after stopping the last contraceptive. I'm positive it is the endo but the doc wants to do surgery or for me to try medication for a month, see if it goes away. More to think about...

CLKD

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2018, 02:34:58 PM »

Maybe stick with this regime until mid-Jan and review how your over-all symptoms have been?  What do you take for the cramps?  How's the weather over there ;-)

BlueButterfly

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »

I am supposed to have another scan next week but it would probably be better to push it past the first of the year anyways. Good idea. Maybe I can try a higher dose of progesterone again.

I take ibuprofen for cramps when I'm sick of dealing with them. Honestly 200mg can be enough to reduce them enough I can handle. I find them more annoying than anything. I really can't believe the amount of clots this month. I guess that could be a good thing....it's honestly hard to say.

It snowed again!  :'( It's 22 degrees....or about -5 Degrees Celsius for you guys.  ;)

BlueButterfly

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »

Period was shorter, not 10 days long like it has been. Cramps were worse, seemed less bleeding...but more clots, mostly small. Decided I'm still going to have my follow up scan, see if anything has changed. Depending on how things go, I am considering seeking out a 2nd opinion.  That may be necessary anyways. I just want to know, for sure, what is going on with my very healthy body that seems like it is falling apart lately.

I've determined that I'm going to be better with exercise and diet. Just eating healthier. I am so tired of feeling old and tired. I'm not old and I don't want to feel it anymore. I'm too young for all of this but yet here we are.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2018, 05:09:54 AM »

Tired, aching....ugh!
I slipped on ice, fell again, same place but less painful than bouncing down the stairs. That was a few days ago...still hurt but not bad. Worst is that is seems to throw my whole body out of order. I already have bulging discs in my lower back so it just gets worse. Had to shovel snow today and that always causes back problems anyways. Caught myself with my arm and hand....so dull ache from the shoulder down, just enough that you can't forget about it. Kind of how the rest of my body feels right now.

My muscle tension has been coming back. I ran out of my usual magnesium and was taking what I had because I didn't really want to buy some if I didn't have to. The cheap stuff helped but not enough. Finally bought more of my regular stuff today so we will see if that helps. Just all around feeling  not so great right now. My body just hurts! I probably need to take more Epsom salt baths....at least right now. I'm sure it's just the fall again and I need to give myself time and patience. Just don't want to feel awful for Christmas.  Some anxiety coming back as well and that just scares me. Still have some control over it.

Need to breathe, need to relax.....

Milamam

« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2018, 10:46:29 AM »

Hi BlueButrrfly-

It is normal to hurt after you have fallen on ice. And you have fallen a week or so ago on the stairs, if I temember correctly? I don't think this is related to the perimenopause. It hurts when you fall and injure!

It is OK to have less muscle strenght as our years pile up! We do age! We have to accept it.  But if your  aches are because you have had a series of falls, take whatever remedy works for you - Epsom salts in bath are great, diclofenac gel rubbed at the sore places, some iboprufen for at least a week to heal the possible infection resulting from the injury and as pain-relief, hot or cold compress on the injured part (depending on the inflamation going) - if you feel pain, cold ice packs are good immediately after the fall/bruise for tisue to come back to normal. Warmth is needed when muscles start to heal and need more induced energy and improved circulation by energising.

Take your time, use whatever is working for you to heal the bruises! It is ok if your body hurts after you have fallen! I would be worried if it doesn't, by the way!

Milamam

CLKD

« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »

OUCH ! again!  It hurts.  The older we get the harder we fall.

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  So over-the-counter pain relief should help.  If it works? why not?

BlueButterfly

« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2018, 03:50:12 PM »

Thanks ladies!
Yeah I'm a mess. I was finally getting over the pain of bouncing down the stairs so not fun to add more pain again. It's getting better.. down to a bit of nerve pain again that is slowly subsiding. I expected to hurt again, just didn't want to! The Epsom salt baths have been great. My left arm feels almost completely better, just a little bit of wrist pain but minor and only when I put weight on it. Seem to be recovering faster but it also wasn't as painful of a fall! I can't be this uncoordinated yet!  ;D

Doing well right now though. Bit of anxiety but I still have control for the most part. I'm going to attribute some of that to the fall and everything that happened during that event. Just quite a few stressful events over the last week or so that I think has brought it on. Hormones are okay. They did something this last week as well, I wish I knew what but my body felt "off". Would be nice if someone could invent an at home test for hormones that would give us quick results so we could know what was happening with them during all these odd changes...would be nice if every little change didn't affect me so much either!  ;)

Milamam

« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2018, 04:36:44 PM »

There are OTC FSH urine tests. AKA pregnancy sticks. I am not sure whether you have these in the US. They would measure FSH and record a positive if FSH is over 25.

Blood tests are most reliable though.

Milamam

Kathleen

« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »

Hello ladies.

BlueButterfly -  So sorry that you've had these accidents.

I completely understand the need to know what's going on with our bodies. I hate the way unpleasant symptoms just arrive out of nowhere and hang around for hours before suddenly going again. It feels as if no matter what you do you are at the mercy of these horrible surges. I get very frustrated with it all which I'm sure doesn't help but I can't help it! Maybe some of us really are more sensitive to hormonal changes?

Wishing you well and I hope your day improves.

K.

NaturalMystic

« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2018, 05:49:30 PM »

Hello ladies.

BlueButterfly -  So sorry that you've had these accidents.

I completely understand the need to know what's going on with our bodies. I hate the way unpleasant symptoms just arrive out of nowhere and hang around for hours before suddenly going again. It feels as if no matter what you do you are at the mercy of these horrible surges. I get very frustrated with it all which I'm sure doesn't help but I can't help it!

K.
What are your particular symptoms hon.

I suddenly have a rush of just feeling ill, nausea, dizziness, hot, then all panicky like I'm going to drop down dead ... So scary 😓 sometimes so shaky, and feeling I'm not getting enough air ....

Hate it and having an episode as I write
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:52:11 PM by NaturalMystic »

BlueButterfly

« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2018, 07:29:51 PM »

Milamam,
They do have the at home FSH test strips. I haven't gotten them but I am considering it.

Kathleen, yes I really do think some of us are very sensitive to hormone changes. I really believe I am one. I could tell I was pregnant before a test could...my body just felt different...really hard to describe. I think that's what is happening now. I do think if I wasn't so sensitive to them, I wouldn't even be aware of perimenopause happening. Anybody else ever around someone that said "oh I totally forgot I was on my period"??? I didn't even know that was possible! I'm sure it is similar to hearing about women sailing through meno. Please bar tender, I'll have what she's having!

It's so hard to describe when you can tell something is different, something feels just odd or off with your body. This last week-ish, I've had more than normal discharge (not strange colored or smelly...no other symptoms I don't recall), more exhausted than normal, lots of muscle tension and knots, been having sex dreams...that's been unusual. No extra drive. The anxiety has started to come back but minor compared to what it was like and tight throat. No motivation at all. More bloating and wind. I've been wondering if it was an estrogen surge happening? Been able to use more progesterone cream than usual, trying to deal with what's been going on, and it isn't making me b*tchy like it was when I used this dose before.

I suddenly have a rush of just feeling ill, nausea, dizziness, hot, then all panicky like I'm going to drop down dead ... So scary 😓 sometimes so shaky, and feeling I'm not getting enough air ....

Hate it and having an episode as I write

This! Had this and heart palpitations before....ended up going to urgent care and just told it was anxiety! Did not go away until I finally started a period. Could not wait for that period to come because I just knew it would help. Sure enough about 2 hours before my period started those feelings finally started to ease (had them for a few days by this point) and by day 2 of my period they were 90% gone.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 07:35:21 PM by BlueButterfly »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13