Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti  (Read 2288 times)

Sroomoo

Evorel Conti
« on: September 19, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »

Hi newbie here
I've just started on Evorel Conti following 2-3 years of being fobbed off by various GPS. I started the peri menopause at the age of 44 and had my last period in June 2016, aged 46. I have had all the symptoms, terrible hot flushes, insomnia, low mood etc and was hoping that starting Evorel would help.

I'm on my third patch so 10 days into it. My hot flushes have more or less disappeared and sleeping has improved a bit. BUT I have had terrible bloating and wind, have felt very low, sore breasts then started bleeding yesterday! 

Just wondering if this is normal adjustment? Should it get better with time? Should I try something else if so what?

ali 61

Re: Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 06:19:41 PM »

Hello Sroomoo,
I too am post-meno and started Evorel Conti, 3 and 1/2 weeks ago.
My hot flushes and sleep improved straight away too.
But I have been having awful stomach cramps. And, Yes, some wind and bloating a bit.

Following advice on here from some great ladies, I spoke to my GP, and started cutting the patch in 1/2 for a while, to build up slowly.
The cramps are less severe, but still there.
However, they all told me that the patches take time to settle and to give it a few months.
If by then, the side effects arent going away, then to try a different type of HRT.

So I am taking their advice and will persevere for a couple of months, after building my way up slowly to a full patch.
Hope things improve for you quickly. x

Lucyjo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 01:08:31 PM »

Hi ladies, I started evorel conti 3 days ago & feel awful. Back ache, stomach ache, dizzy, headache. Asked for it for 3 years & was so excited to finally get it and now feel really deflated. Any suggestions????
Love Lucyjo X

Flaky47

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »

Hi All
I'm on Evorel Conti, about four months in. Like all of you the hot flushes reduced to almost nothing within a few days. I also got the bleeding but it was light for me and on and off for a couple of months but has stopped now. The swollen/ bloated and pmt-type feeling is also gradually getting better for me, or maybe I've just had a good week. As for the flatulence I don't know if that's down to the patches or my efforts to eat more veg   ::)

The patches haven't got rid of feeling low for me, but they have got rid of the terrible rage. Although I don't think they have lifted my mood, my husband says that they definitely have, he thinks I'm more chilled. That wasn't instant though. My feeling low might be due to other things though, I've got shoulder problems that keep me awake at night so I'm hoping when that is cured I'll be getting a full night's sleep and things will improve  :)

They seem to have given me an introduction to HRT that was smoother than I expected - the side effects I had were not as drastic as I had worried about - so hopefully for some of you the same thing will happen. I'm going to monitor mine and then decide whether my HRT needs tweaking later.

Good luck!

vickypk

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 06:45:00 PM »

Hi
I have been using Evorel Conti patches for three years. The side effects at first were quite bad, with stomach cramps, nausea and dizziness. I cut the patches in half for a couple of months.
It does take a few months to get used to the patches.
Vickypk xx

paisley

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 05:15:07 PM »

Hi
I started Evorel .5 yesterday & too have stomach ache & backache. I am just thinking it is a side effect of starting them & in time this will decrease. Xx

lemondrop

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 05:30:51 PM »

Hi , been on evorel conti for 2 1/2 weeks . Bit up and down , still get the odd flush though not as intense , sleep was improved but still few bad nights , some better days , some not so good .

Anyway I've not yet had any bleeding , although have had the draggy belly occasionally , and more active than normal bowels . No sore boobs though .

Does it always cause bleeding etc ?Bit concerned that its not working for me ? xxx

Lemondrop xx