Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Perineum??  (Read 1696 times)

libby

Perineum??
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:53:26 PM »

A bit embarrassing but here goes  :(  I am postmenopausal, started on Vagifem a week ago, also using the Coconut oil to make intercourse a bit more comfortable due to VA.  Still having problems due to the Perineum causing so much pain, feels like its just splitting  :'(  Anybody else have this problem or is it just me!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Perineum??
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 05:01:31 PM »

Happens.  Often.  Get some Savlon or Vaseline on the area, often.  Don't wait until it's sore.  Get the product deep into the fissure, I've had this with lips, heels and end of fingers and found that keeping the areas moist helps healing.  Or put some of the Vagifem there too.  Often is the trick!

Particularly after going to the loo ;-)

Nowt is taboo on here !

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »

Yes I have it. I'm 64 and on both full HRT and Vagifem but mine still splits occasionally. It's very painful! You should find the vagifem begins to help soon  Have you had children and maybe episiotomies?

Taz xx

libby

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 05:47:17 PM »

So its not just me then  ???  Yes I had my daughter 33 years ago, vaginal birth and had stitches.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 05:53:00 PM »

It is more common if you were cut during childbirth. The scar tissue is weaker. I think there has been advice to massage the area to improve blood flow but I haven't tried it!

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 06:55:03 AM »

Try massaging the perinium everynight with coconut oil and slghtly stretching it at the same time to keep it supple. Dg x

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 11:36:01 AM »

I still get this occasionally but nowhere near how it was pre vagifem

Give it some time to work too

I had 4 vaginal births with no stitches but first delivery I grazed all over that area x