Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Everol Sequi patches and alcohol  (Read 1848 times)

Shamo

Everol Sequi patches and alcohol
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:53:30 AM »

Hello all,

I am almost 46 and I started on everol sequi patches about 3 months ago. I have noticed that on a few occasions when I've been out and had 2 or 3 drinks I wake up with a ranging hangover !! Sometime vomiting. Feel dreadful.

I've always suffered with hangovers but they seem to have gotten much worse over last couple of months, so much so that I'm considering giving up drinking, although I do enjoy a glass of red wine so would be hard!

I'm not a massive drinker ( prob 8-10 units per wk)and am careful with how much I drink as I cannot deal with the hangovers. All around me are tucking into a lot more than me, yet it's me who suffers !

Anyone know if it could be the patches making things worse ?

Thanks.

New on here, my first post.

Hurdity

Re: Everol Sequi patches and alcohol
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:42:50 PM »

Hi Shamo

:welcomemm:

Peri-menopause and alcohol, HRT and alcohol.... yes many women notice a difference in how they tolerate alcohol when they become peri-menopausal and sometimes on HRT.

It happened to me - came as a great shock eg had two glasses of wine during an evening out as usual and woke up the following morning with awful hangover that turned into severe 3 day migraine. I worked out later that it happened when on the progestogen part of HRT, and also on the withdrawal part ie the day after I stopped the combi part of the HRT - and then later it would happen at any time with alcohol but depending on how I managed it.

What I do now is try to have all the alcohol I'm going to have early in the evening as early as possible, and always with or around food. Try not to have any alcohol after 9 pm especially wine. Limit the amount of wine and if wine then at least as much water as wine in between glasses preferably more. Lager (Becks, San Mig etc) is OK pretty much any time as I can't drink enough to overdo it as I get too full - but nice in hot weather. G and T not too bad - but I would have this earlier anyway. Wine the worst especially high alcohol ones like some of the reds. I've gone over more to white and always ask the alcohol content and choose the lowest (if I like the wine of course!). Some reds are 14 % whereas some whites are only 11 % - a big difference if you have a couple of glasses. Also only have a small glass - the smallest they do - at each serving - some glasses of wine these days are about a third of a bottle. At home only half fill your glass each time. Prosecco and other fizz seems not to have quite the same negative effects for some reason...  If I've had a bit too much generally (for me that would be 3 drinks in an evening on special occasion or evening out) then have a cup of coffee afterwards eg somewhere between 9 and 10 pm especially if I've been out for a meal - and then I'm fine! Lots of water! 8-10 units a week is quite a lot I would say if all the time. Try to limit it to weekends Fri-Sun and 2 units each night? I mostly drink only at weekends except on hol when it's every night  ::)

Hope this helps and you can experiment without getting a hangover! I would hate to have to give up alcohol - but no need to drink a lot. If all around you are drinking more - then no need to join in - just make your drink last and people won't notice if you refuse every other one or have a soft drink in between - or even a tonic in a wine glass....

Hope the HRT is otherwise suiting you and helping with your meno symptoms!

Good luck....

Hurdity x