Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Patches not sticking  (Read 1567 times)

Badga

Patches not sticking
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:11:17 AM »

Hi Ladies

I read on another forum about patches not sticking that a forum member recommended applying a Tegaderm Film dressing over the top.  You can buy there from the pharmacy in Boots.  They are 49p each.  They might be cheaper on Amazon.

I have tried them over Evorel Conti.  My problem is that I do a lot of spin classes and the sweat and my cycle shorts, followed by a shower, means that the patches start to peel off and get sweat/water under them.  I also do other vigorous, sweaty exercise most days.

I tried applying the Tegaderm the first day of the four days I wear my patch.  But, even the Tegaderm starts to peel at the edges with spin.  So, I wear my patch for a couple of days on its own and the apply a Tegaderm on the second/third day.

This seems to work in keeping the patch in place.  However, when I remove my patch on change day, there is moisture underneath the patch, rather than the patch being stuck to my skin.

My question is, will the active ingredients still be being absorbed transdermally, even if the patch is not stuck down?

Best wishes
Badga x

Jeaniewigs

Re: Patches not sticking
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 08:14:57 AM »

I'd guess not Badga,would you not be better with the transdermal gel it would be much easier for you,just tell your gp the problems your having with the patches.😘

Rhiner

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »

Hi Badga,
I sometimes get similar with Oestrodot depending where they have been stuck, after a gym session. Its sometimes lifted slightly and shower water has got in. I press back down and underwear  press it back in place.  It has never effected me at all and I am very hormone sensitive. I have never yet had to change one due to this (or anything else).
Hope this helps, Rhiner

Badga

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 07:44:50 AM »

Thanks both.

I was on Estrogel with a Mirena, but decided to try and come off HRT when my Mirena needed to come out or be replaced.  However, the menopausal symptoms soon returned with a vengeance!

I have to say that the patches, even though they might not be that well stuck down all of the time, seem to be starting to work, so I will stick it out a bit longer with them before thinking about going back to the gel/coil combo. ;D

Best wishes

Badga x

Jeaniewigs

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 07:59:14 AM »

Well done Badga if you feel they're helping then don't mess with changing,it really does get so complicated doesent it.you could try a waterproof dressing over it if you know it's going to be a sweaty pastime day maybe ?.good luck 😘

Dancing Queen

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 11:07:39 AM »

I have just been given FemSeven Sequi patches which I have high hopes for (1st Dr tried to give me antidepressants...no didn`t like that felt like death on them). But stuck the 1st one on my upper thigh last night and by this morning it`s coming unstuck at all the edges and I haven`t even showered yet.. plus I`ve got to go running later..sweatsville! It will never last a couple of days let alone a week! Might try the tegaderm patches on top from Amazon, does everyone thing they are worthwhile. Or should I stick the patches somewhere else, trouble is my everywhere is a bit wrinkly and the saggy skin moves around when I exercise lol.     

Jeaniewigs

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »

They'd be better on your bum cheek near top but under waistband that's where I put them when I used them and had no trouble in shower or otherwise,I just didnt like the effect on my skin with patches I'm a sensitive wee soul,even on my bum lol.i changed to gel which gave me better dosage and less worry.😘