Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: whats the best natural remedy  (Read 1287 times)

discokaren

whats the best natural remedy
« on: June 26, 2018, 09:16:17 AM »

Any tips for a natural remedy's, want to try something natural if i can sooner than HRT   there are so many things out there, for magnets in your pants to mankka honey.  some advice would be grateful, its for all the normal peri symptoms. mood swing, anxiety, joint pain, gastric problems, night sweets, hot flushes, hair loss, brittle nails, stomach cramps, brain fog, forgetfulness to name just a few. So hit me with your tips. TIA XX

Tinkerbell

Re: whats the best natural remedy
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 09:31:55 AM »

Don't waste your money on the magnet, there is a thread on here discussing it.

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 01:45:28 PM »

One simple squirt of oestrogel has eliminated or reduced many of those symtoms you list for many of us here with very low risk so I would rather take my chances with something that's proven to help than waste any more money on expensive gadgets and gimmicks as Tinkerbell says don't waste your money.good luck with whatever you decide to do x

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 01:58:58 PM »

I agree with Daisydot, the gel is amazing, just one squirt and I  have never had any symptoms. I also tried the herbal route and potions and lotions, did nothing for me.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »

Disco Karen welcome mm

The most natural way to treat menopause symptoms is to try hrt but before you try anything the best natural remedy is to look at your lifestyle choices and make adjustments to help you cope better as hrt won't fix everything.
So have a good look at your diet and eat smaller meals more regularly cutting out as much sugar ans saturated fat as possible. Take some good sensible exercise e.g. 10 min brisk walking sessions three times a day and perhaps try some dance classes if you can. Learn relaxation techniques to help cope with stress, fatigue and low mood.
Take some vitamin supplements if necessary; many people are vitamin D deficient which causes fatigue, low mood, aching joints and lowers the immune system so if you don't get at least 20 mins of sun each day of the year it's wise to take Vit D. It's also good to take Omega 3.
If flushes become a problem then hrt is your best option. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 03:29:30 PM »

There may be help but once a ladies hormones take over, any benefits felt are lost  :-\

H[ormone]R[eplacement]T[herapy] - does what it says on the tin.   Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart how you feel daily/weekly?  Then decide which symptom you would like to ease first.  Some ladies can work through but many require HRT as well as when necessary, anti-depressant medication and anti-anxiety treatments.

Do look out for vaginal atrophy  :o   :welcomemm:

Let us know how you get on!