Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Zoladex! Will this help?  (Read 2016 times)

Looby

Zoladex! Will this help?
« on: May 16, 2018, 11:17:27 AM »

Hi  I feel like I have been menopausal pretty much since I started my periods at the age of 13, now 43.  The combined pill helped me for may years but I am no longer able to take this.  I feel the actual menopause may bring relief.  I have felt all over the place for so long.  I know its hormone imbalances causing fibro and CFS symptons as they come and go.  I can almost feel the chemicals running round my body I have become so hypersensitive.

I am being offered Zoladex to see if menopause will help symptoms, if so then surgery and HRT.  It will be nice to be balanced!  Anyone had any relief from their imbalances after menopause?

Thanks smile

Hurdity

Re: Zoladex! Will this help?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 01:34:16 PM »

Hi Looby

:welcomemm:

Have you tried or been offered any of the contraceptive pills to control your ycle and prevent the hormonal mood swings while giving you a consistent dose of oestrogen? There are a couple of gentler ones that contain body-identical oestrogen (estradiol), and one of them (QLAIRA) only has two tablet free days - preventing the hormone slump of the traditional pills.

Also I presume you've had other blood tests re fibro/CFS - notably thyroid function as well as vitamin and mineral levels - is your diet good and healthy?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 04:00:51 PM »

Hi Looby. What symptoms are you hoping the menopause will alleviate? Sorry that you are no longer able to use the contraceptive pill. Was it a health issue?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Looby

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:11:18 PM »

Hi I had a suspected blood clot after my third child. No not been offered anything, I have private medical cover so my consultant went straight to a laparoscopy and took out my right ovary last year as it was cystic apparently and this is where my kid was/still is!!She hasn't done any blood tests although my gp says not menopause in the blood test she did.

Symptoms are sore muscles and sometimes joints, itchy skin, cramp on shoulder, metallic taste in mouth, fatigue sometimes chronic. Sometimes I think I can feel hormones flooding my body. I had very high progesterone on a saliva test I did it was off the chart but no one seems worried by this. I have felt menopausal since puberty, think is something I may be born with but heavens knows what! I look healthy on paper for all the other endocrine things although I have low cortisol always borderline. Think my adrenals are just working hard! Thinking actual menopause maybe a relief but apprehensive as I am only just managing and don't want to make symptoms worse. Losing weight rapidly hasn't helped.

Wilks

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:01:38 AM »

Hi Looby, I'm a bit confused that you say you've felt menopausal since puberty but have had 3 children? Have you had massive hormonal fluctuations?
In addition to the joint pain and fatigue you mention, Menopausal problems can I nclude hot flushes, sweats, very disturbed sleep, brain fog, anxiety, urinary problems, weight gain especially around the waist, loss of libido, and vaginal atrophy.
Zoladex will definitely put you in a menopausal state but you have to be absolutely certain that's what you want. Every woman has a different experience of menopause of course, for some it's not too bad but for others it's pure distilled hell.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:12:14 AM by Wilks »

Looby

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 10:58:29 AM »

Yes I have had theee children I was on the pill for twenty years, fell pregnant instantly all three times after coming off.

I wake up around 3am then 20 seconds later start sweating, I have to take a big dose of magnesium to fall asleep. Libido is up and down. It all changes through the month the sweats are at ovulation usually. Itchiness comes and goes. It's like someone pokes me with a hormonal stick. Gynaecologist suggests pmt for which forced menopause maybe a solution.

I have no fat and am very skinny, but my body and adrenals have been in a stressed state since the birth of my daughter 9 years ago and having no pill etc. I think I am very unbalanced with progesterone. I guess zoladex is worth a try as it's not permanent. I am getting separate for some reprieve to be honest.

Verarose

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 04:49:36 AM »

I have been on Zoladex and it was horrific! It's a very strong drug with awful side effects and can cause long term damage to bone density. For me the false menopause zoladex put me in is nothing like the real menopause. It was far worse. Whilst I was on zoladex I had awful joint pain, even my toes hurt!, migraines, hair loss, brittle nails, dry itchy skin, nausea, hot flushes, night sweats, insomnia, crippling anxiety, very low moods and mood swings. I was given add back HRT but it didn't help. The real menopause has been much easier than zoladex.

Wilks

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 06:49:12 AM »

That sounds awful Verarose. I guess it has the same sudden effect as hysterectomy and removal of the ovaries.