Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: What part/parts of your body are ticking you off just now  (Read 29714 times)

Daisydot

Re: What part/parts of your body are ticking you off just now
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2018, 04:12:41 PM »

I'm trying the blepharitis gel now Robin as I've run out of wipes and I must admit now that I've got the cotton pads to put it on and wipe with it's defunately much easier and I feel my eyes easing again,that really large blood vessel in left eye that consultant was concerned about seems to have shrunk a bit too it's def not as raging red,my eyelids have also calmed down especially lower left eyelid,when I did head injury all my eye where you would have your laughter lines split open with the force I guess,so my eye at that corner has always been tight and tender so the gel seems to be easing that feeling too.thank you again for suggesting it I could give you a big cyber kiss 😂😂

Robin

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2018, 04:29:06 PM »

That sound painful Daisydot but great news that the gel and wipes are helping. I will add the gel it to my next Boots order. It will be good to compare it to the liquid. Can you also put it right onto the inner lid? Not sure if that's what it's called but I'm meaning the bit where we used to put eyeliner on back in the eighties 😂 (Can't think how else to describe it). That's the only bit I miss with the wipes but I'm thinking the gel might cling there and last a bit longer maybe.

I'm really pleased it's helping.
It's expensive this ageing lark 🙄

Robin
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:30:41 PM by Robin »

Daisydot

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2018, 04:43:12 PM »

Hi Robin yes I know where you mean lol that's where my eye was really inflamed and annoyed me most,I put the gel on cotton pads yesterday twice and then this morning and already I'm noticing it calming down more,the gel seems to coat the eyelids and lashes.x

Robin

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2018, 06:59:43 PM »

Thanks I'll give it a go then. I really like the liquid so I will use that to clean my eyes and take off my mascara then put the gel afterwards. Maybe that will see it off for good

Daisydot

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2018, 07:59:38 PM »

That's a good idea I've not tried any eye make up yet I want to give it a bit longer to repair.x

Robin

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »

I did the same and still occasionally leave it off to give my eyes a rest

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2018, 10:18:24 PM »

Sadly the apron dropping ain't related to pelvic floor muscles.  Mine went in a matter of days about 4 years ago.  When I look downwards I look fat but turn sideways, not too bad ;-).

My throat is nuisance value only. 

Daisydot

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2018, 06:32:23 AM »

Have you tried difflum throat spray from chemist it's very good x

dulciana

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2018, 11:04:32 AM »

Here's an easy exercise to help tone that apron dulciana,open your door and stand facing the edge of it with feet apart,take your door handles one in each hand and lower yourself down as if to sit in a chair using the door handles as support,do this 5-10 times a couple of times a day,it takes no time and costs nothing and will help tone up your pelvic floor muscles.good luck xx

Thanks Daisydot.  I'll try that!
 :thankyou:

Daisydot

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »

Your welcome dulciana.i bought one of those gadgets called innova because I can't exercise just now I'm so physically drained at the moment that even doing the stuff I used to be able to do is hurtin* me and I'm convinced I have prolapsed everything, everywhere ,lol I've not even taken it out the box yet I'm just too tired to be bothered but hopefully when my ViT d meds kick in I'll get some of my zing back lol.
Hope it helps you it's nice and easy but as always do it gradually then build up.xx

dulciana

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2018, 04:38:06 PM »

Sadly the apron dropping ain't related to pelvic floor muscles.  Mine went in a matter of days about 4 years ago.  When I look downwards I look fat but turn sideways, not too bad ;-).

My throat is nuisance value only.
I've tried to explain to dear daughter that it's hormonal but at 31, she can't see past the go-running-mum-and-it-will-all-firm-up line.  The apron, that is, not your throat!  I completely identify with the different angles!  So unfair!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2018, 03:50:01 PM »

Hi everyone

Was looking at a photo of myself , only took about 12months ago,
and god, have I aged, I just look so deflated, my face looks drab,
even though I've got make up on, I've lost my mojo.!
Really hate getting older, even my hair has gone darker,and it was
a lovely blonde colour,(natural) even though I've got grey in it.
Don't know what's happened, the only thing I've done is had a shorter cut.
Maybe it's been my bad back that's got me down.

Jd x

Kernow

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2018, 06:41:41 PM »

Hi Jd,

I bet you look fabulous! I can't believe someone with your sunny personality could look drab!

It's the time of year don't you think...long grey winter and our skin suffers..all a bit washed out.

Once the weather picks up I'm sure all will look better. Maybe have some highlights in your hair?

If you were used to being a natural blonde going darker can make you feel different.

Go and look at some colour charts with your hairdresser, be bold    :-*

Hang on in there menobabe...you'll be fine :foryou: :hug:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2018, 07:53:31 PM »

Hi kernow

Thanx for the kind reply,
I think it's my hair.!!
I used to have a curly bob style, (permed) and the perm used to lighten it even more,
But when I started this meno thingy the one side of my hair started to go thinner than the other side,
so having a perm would disguise that, then I'd get fed up and have it cut shorter, then have another
perm when it grew a bit, but this time I had a really short cut!
Graduated at the back, (so you know how short that is) but I don't think I like it.
It has started to grow now, so if I can bear with it for a few weeks longer I might go and get it permed
again. I love curls anyway, I've always had them. And my hair grows really quickly.
Sometimes you just need a change I suppose, but this change didn't work out.

Don't think I'll be looking at old photos of myself again for a bit..   :sigh:

I'll be back to my normal self tomorrow, (I hope) especially now I can sleep properly now that
My back is better.

Jd x

Thanx kernow.. :thankyou:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 07:59:56 PM by jillydoll »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2018, 09:09:26 PM »

After I wrote my last post, I went for a shower and couldn't stop
thinking ‘what the hell is wrong with you?
There's me, having a moan about ‘I've lost my mojo,'and there's thousands
of women who are really suffering with this menopause malarkey, I know I've been there,
And all I can go on about is how I look older!!!!!! And my hair!!!!!
My god, how shallow am I?
Sometimes I think I forget how I suffered, and how other ladies are suffering with meno
and other things in their lives, and sometimes you just lose sight of things.

So, I've come to my senses, and now I'll shut up.  :kick: that's for me, a good kick up the ar.........

Jd x
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15