Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HRT patches  (Read 3144 times)

Foni1

HRT patches
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:51:55 AM »

Good morning ladies
Just looking for some advice and your views please.
I'm peri, 50 years old and for some time experiences hot and cold flashes, tingling, lots of weird symptoms really. I've had lots of tests bloods ans scans and don't seem to be able to find what's wrong. I do have a b12 deficiency and have my injections every 12 weeks although my go may change this to more often depending on how things go on this cycle.
We talked yesterday about going onto HRT patches in a couple of weeks, just curious as to your views and how you have found them. I'm desperate to feel like me again, I seem to be lost
Thank you in advance
😊

Dotty

Re: HRT patches
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 11:35:59 AM »

Go for it. I wish I'd gone onto hrt years ago.

Foni1

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 11:57:11 AM »

Thanks Dotty for your input 😊

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:44 PM »

Yes def go for it I restarted at age 60 after a five year absence as my symptoms were terrible there's 34 menopause symptoms and I just about ticked all the boxes lol.youll feel so muc( better and make sure you get vagifem or similar for VA symptoms before the issues start,ie urinary problems, dryness ,soreness, razor cuts they're all things that can be helped.good luck xx

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 01:02:12 PM »

I would definitely go for Oestrogel rather than patches.

marras

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 03:27:37 PM »

Why do you say that Mary, just out of interest?

Loubylou

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 04:33:05 PM »

I would definitely go for Oestrogel rather than patches.

Hi Mary. Why do you think the patches are better? I'm on oestrogel and I haven't experienced it working yet and I'm on a low dose. I'm also finding it expensive and time consuming. I was thinking a patch might be easier

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 04:37:07 PM »

Louby Loo - why do you say it's expensive? I get 3 months supply for a standard prescription cost.

Loubylou

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 04:39:08 PM »

If I up my dose I read you ca only get 2 weeks supply from a bottle. They are only giving me one bottle at a time. Then I have to pay for the progesterone and testosterone too.

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 04:44:27 PM »

I get 6 bottles at a time . Do you get it on nhs ?

Loubylou

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »

6 bottles a time :-0
I've been getting one a month. It wasn't even on repeat until I asked for it the other day. I will ask for it to be changed so I get a few months worth.
How many pumps do you do a day and how long does 1 bottle last for you?

Mary G

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 04:51:26 PM »

I could never get anything like enough oestrogen out of patches, they didn't stick properly, left a nasty, itchy mark and I really hated wearing them.

The gel is nicer to use and more dose flexible too but I have since changed to Lenzetto which is a spray form of oestrogen and very effective but I don't think it's available in the UK but you can buy it in Spain for €10.77 which might be cheaper than what you are currently paying.

Daisydot

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »

I only get one pump bottle at a time too it's ridiculous,I bought some spare online from Harley street pharmacy as I was worried about running out.x
The patches tend to dip in my case ,day one and two were ok then day three /four dredful again,I also didn't like them on my skin I'm too sensitive,the gel gives me a steadier dosage with better absorption.2 pumps a day should last you 32 days.good luck x

Dotty

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 04:54:41 PM »

I have 4 pumps a day and each bottle lasts 2 weeks. I get 6 bottles of Oestrogel and 3 packets of Utrogestan for 2 prescription charges .... £17.20 I think it is.

Loubylou

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 04:58:33 PM »

I only get one pump bottle at a time too it's ridiculous,I bought some spare online from Harley street pharmacy as I was worried about running out.x
The patches tend to dip in my case ,day one and two were ok then day three /four dredful again,I also didn't like them on my skin I'm too sensitive,the gel gives me a steadier dosage with better absorption.2 pumps a day should last you 32 days.good luck x

Thanks. I was worried about that with patches too. Perhaps we could both ask for more at the docs next time? x
Pages: [1] 2