Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Period During Postmenopause?  (Read 1338 times)

Yellow

Period During Postmenopause?
« on: February 12, 2018, 05:40:12 PM »

I have tried different HRT, but I always end up bleeding. Tests are ok. Now on combipatch. Having regular periods. Has anybody else done this? I have gone in reverse.

Taz2

Re: Period During Postmenopause?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 05:44:17 PM »

Hi Yellow. Do you mean a conti patch where you have continuous oestrogen and progesterone throughout the month?

Taz x

Yellow

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:17:39 PM »

Taz
On the box it says combipatch. Estradiol/norethindrone actate transdermal. .05/.25mg per day. Thanks for replying.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 09:41:27 PM »

If you use the same type of patches throughout the month then it's a continuous hrt designed not to give you a monthly bleed. Some women have problems with bleeding on a conti hrt for the first six months or so. How long have you been on these patches and how long have you been post Meno?

Taz x

Yellow

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 01:52:28 AM »

I haven't finished the first month. It had been 7 years since I had a period. I have had uterine biopsies, they were ok. Ultra sounds ok. I just need to be patient. The other ones didn't work. I feel this will if I will just settle down. Thank you. Nobody told me I could bleed for 6 months on this.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 11:19:36 AM »

Have you got the patient information leaflet? It should be on there. All conti hrts can cause breakthrough or more continuous bleeding for the first few months
 as your body gets used to it. Because of this many women, me included, opt to return to a sequi HRT which gives you a predictable monthly withdrawal bleed.

I hope this hrt works for you. Hopefully things will settle over the next three months.

Taz x