Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT  (Read 1785 times)

Jax Jones

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
« on: January 26, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »

Just thought to share after a very long time not posting.

I had my last period end of 2013 and experienced all the horrors of meno prior and after that.  Hot flushes, anxiety attacks, floaty and giddy feelings, breast pain, joint pain, ringing ears, dry eyes, mood swings you name it  I experienced most of the common ones affecting every part of the body.  The worst was VA which had me peeing countless times day and night, itchy and irritated, even had for the first time in my life UTIs, doctor was of no help prescribing antibiotics and some thrush cream (I did not have thrush).  We do not have Vagifem in my country only premarin and I am not sure I would use it even if it was available.  I react to most drugs and medication. Of late most these symptoms have been tapering off.  I have been vigilant with diet and exercise and lots of water, positive thinking and a quieter lifestyle which minimises stress levels.  I keep a low key even at my workplace.  This kinda gives me a peace of mind.  Fortunately my OH is also supportive.  So yes my sisters-in-arms there is a possibility of coming out the other side.  Keeping fingers crossed and praying for everyone to someday overcome or at least cope with this fearful and horrible part of our journey.  Hang in there and god bless.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 05:13:43 PM »

Appropriate medication for vaginal atrophy can be a Life Saver.  I can't remember where you live but maybe register with a Doctor or Gynae in another country? 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 05:23:04 PM »

Thank you JJ
I am nearly 62 and stopped HRT June 2016. Like you I have adjusted my life to avoid stress and I'm generally doing ok.
I think coming out the other side, when the meno has been tough, will involve a lot of effort, compromise and a variety of strategies but one can find a positive way forward.
Thank you for sharing. DG x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 07:46:22 PM »

Thank you for your post ... just what some of us need to hear when in the midst of meno x

Rustysmum

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 01:58:33 PM »

Thank you so much for this. Great to hear that there is another side!
Enjoy your new phase!

Valentine

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 07:26:06 PM »

Thank You for this post! I will return to it every time I feel defeated. 😌