Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook blogger

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 148011 times)

ban-sithe

• First Flush

I got a text this afternoon asking what I was doing Thursday. My reply was followed by an invite to a spa day at a local hotel.

(He is a lovely, wonderful person but spontaneous grand acts of material affection are not his usual MO. I must be in a right state!)

Mushyjam49

My Husband is not one for being spontaneous at all and usually expects me to take the lead!!! Since I have started going through the menopause he has become more accepting of my how shall I say "challenging personalities" lol.  He knows when to make an exit when he senses I am going into meltdown and turn into someone who has tourettes syndrome.... yes I could make any nun blush with the verbal I come out with sometimes and for him to try to help me talk it out just makes me more angry, so he has cottoned on pretty quickly.  But little things he does, I know he is trying his best to understand what it is I am going through.  For example when the hot flashes started.  He took himself off and purchased around 6 mini fans, strategically placed them all around the house so at the touch of the switch I could have instant relief... he also went and bought fine mist sprays, even smaller handbag typed ones so I could spritz when the need arose...  He takes over when he can see that the hot flushes are imminent and I am in the throws of doing something, without fuss even though I can be pretty crabby.... how dare he take the reins..... but he is getting better.... ;)

Tiddles

Sometimes he goes out.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]