Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Change of patches  (Read 1270 times)

Emeraldeyes1481

Change of patches
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:43:24 AM »

Hi
I've just been given some different patches to try as the ones I ha tried weren't working for me and I kept forgetting to change them or put one back on, so I've been given FEMSEVEN CONTI which you only have to change once a week.

Just wondering, has anyone tried these, and if so, how have you found them? Any side effects, I know everyone reacts differently to them but thought it was worth asking.

Thanks

Emeraldeyes1481

Re: Change of patches
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »

Thanks for replying.

I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago and as I was only 32 I had to be put on HRT, and have recently been told I had to change to patches.

Don't know if its a temporary side effect I am feeling but I have been SUPER emotional, crying at anything on TV haha.
Also have broken out massively with huge spots on my chin, which I don't normally get, so again, I hope its just a temporary thing.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:16:17 PM »

Emeraldeyes1481 - have you had, or do you still have endometriosis (deposits outside the womb) and if so this will be why you have been prescribed HRT with a continuous progestogen. If you have not then you do not need to have HRT with a progestogen and you have been given the wrong preparation. Ideally at your age you would be on a higher dose of oestrogen (if your ovaries were also removed) but if you kept your ovaries then you may be OK with this dose?

Hurdity x

Emeraldeyes1481

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:55:23 PM »

Hi, yes I had Endometriosis, and had a total hysterectomy so everything was removed, but they have told me I need to be on as low a dose as possible because of my age

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 08:51:33 AM »

Hi again - that sounds odd - ie the dosage. I understand that you need to have a progestogen due to the endo but not due to age. In fact at your age you might need a higher dose in order to protect your bones and heart as you are still so young. However this can be tricky in view of the progestogen and making sure you still feel OK. Is your endo being monitored and have you had blood tests to check your oesotorgen levels? You may even need testosterone if you have no ovaries and your libido would give an indication of whether you are lacking in this? The side effects will be due to the progestogen - which type did you have before? Hopefully these will settle so that you feel less emotional!

Hurdity x