Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Holidays 2018  (Read 64509 times)

dulciana

Re: Holidays 2018
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2018, 01:10:23 PM »

What I would love is a holiday where I can relax and come back feeling refreshed.  Instead, every holiday Hubby and I go on is spent rushing manically around, looking at as many famous sights and monuments (largely all Hubby's choice - he's a history buff) as we can fit in.  When we went to Rome a few weeks ago, my feet and legs were completely puggled at the end of each day after doing this all the time we were there.  Hubby has much longer legs than me so he can stride while I have to skitter along all the time!  (bit like 2-against-3, in musical terms  ;D!)  It's not that I'm against seeing what there is to see, but the odd "just wandering locally"-plus-coffees-and-whatever day would allow me to unwind and come back feeling as if I've had a holiday - rather than come back feeling as if I need one!  :o   Anyone else, or do all your other halves let you relax on holiday?  I'd love to know!  :)
Dulciana

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2018, 01:17:34 PM »

We have various types of holiday.  Long weekends doing museums, walking, scenery.  Himself likes fishing so days out: me in the camper dozing and watching wild-life, him casting all day long from a boat.  When we had a  :scottie: we had self-catering holidays which meant a lot of walking.  In all kinds of weather.  All around the UK.

I look at the various town information web-sites for accommodation ideas and places to go.  We are fairly relaxed, even if we went abroad we would have a day off and a day site-seeing.

dulciana

« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2018, 01:20:52 PM »

We have various types of holiday.  Long weekends doing museums, walking, scenery.  Himself likes fishing so days out: me in the camper dozing and watching wild-life, him casting all day long from a boat.  When we had a  :scottie: we had self-catering holidays which meant a lot of walking.  In all kinds of weather.  All around the UK.

I look at the various town information web-sites for accommodation ideas and places to go.  We are fairly relaxed, even if we went abroad we would have a day off and a day site-seeing.

That sounds nice and balanced, CLKD!

CLKD

« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2018, 01:23:33 PM »

We have to chill due to panic attacks.  So can't plan too far ahead.  We have ideas for both to enjoy and go with the flow.

Scampi

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2018, 01:55:16 PM »

Dulciana - your description reminds me of holidays with my parents in the years between stopping going away with my maternal grandparents and starting caravanning!  They used to drag us at break-neck speed around sights (and sites!), up mountains (I have bad memories of a day up Snowdon!!), you name it!  Hubby and I are much more chilled on holiday - we both work long hours, so holiday time is for relaxing.  We do sight-see, visit places, museums, etc, but at a measured pace!

Could you suggest a couple of 'chilled' days by inserted into the itinerary of your next holiday?  Or maybe a day (or even just half a day) when hubby does his sight-seeing thing and you stay at your accommodation and relax?  It's your holiday too, after all.

dulciana

« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2018, 03:08:33 PM »

Dulciana - your description reminds me of holidays with my parents in the years between stopping going away with my maternal grandparents and starting caravanning!  They used to drag us at break-neck speed around sights (and sites!), up mountains (I have bad memories of a day up Snowdon!!), you name it!  Hubby and I are much more chilled on holiday - we both work long hours, so holiday time is for relaxing.  We do sight-see, visit places, museums, etc, but at a measured pace!

Could you suggest a couple of 'chilled' days by inserted into the itinerary of your next holiday?  Or maybe a day (or even just half a day) when hubby does his sight-seeing thing and you stay at your accommodation and relax?  It's your holiday too, after all.

I could try, Scampi!  Thanks.

Lanzalover

« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2018, 04:03:41 PM »

Hi dulciana

Scampis suggestion sounds like a good idea to me.

Daisydot hope you haven't gone for good. If you are reading this hope you have a lovely holiday and best wishes for the future and many thanks for the advice you have given me and others.

Love Lanzalover x

Joaniepat

« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »

Daisydot, if you're still reading the forum, I hope you have a lovely holiday and also that you manage to get your Lenzetto.

Hope you decide to come back on the forum at some stage, as you'll be sadly missed!

Much love,
JP x

dulciana

« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2018, 03:37:38 PM »

Well, not exactly a holiday (we've had one of those already this year) but I'm going down to London at the end of July for a week's organ course.  Going to be lots of playing and hard work but lots of fun (I think!).  Leaving Hubby on his own-y-o to keep an eye on my Dad then coming back to bore him with all the chit-chat about the course.  I'm getting quite exited because there are lots of amazing instruments in London!  :)

CLKD

« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2018, 03:39:54 PM »

Oh do enjoy it!  I went to College on musical long-weekends when I was 15 and 16, loved it.  Met people who were really talented - we came from all over Norfolk to meet up, practised for 3 days B4 giving a Concert to parents etc. who had arrived to collect us.  I often wonder what happened to those really talented players  :-\

dulciana

« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »

Thanks CLKD - I will!  Need to book my train.....

CLKD

« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2018, 06:14:20 PM »

Do you get a cheaper ticket if you book earlier?

dulciana

« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2018, 09:02:50 PM »

Do you get a cheaper ticket if you book earlier?

I have done, CLKD, yes, although even then it had gone up since I first looked into it a week ago. 

CLKD

« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2018, 04:22:58 PM »

Some people find that buying split tickets for a journey is cheaper: from station to station rather than straight through  ::)

Been out 4 the day ;-)

Katia

« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2018, 10:32:15 AM »

Dulciana, I love the type of holidays your hubby does.  I usually travel alone and have been all over.  israel was a favourite.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30