Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste 1mg scared to try!  (Read 1460 times)

Lcon

Elleste 1mg scared to try!
« on: December 02, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »

Hi l just wondered if anyone had  advice, lm new here l did a private check with medichecks and it appeared to show slightly high eostrogen and low progesterone,  l have been prescribed elleste 1mg  by my gp, lm really scared to add more eostrogen to my body, who else is on elleste and for what reasons? I'm very apprehensive about call this on a newbie to this although do now realise l have been having symptoms for a long time, lm now 47 and hate all this!

Hurdity

Re: Elleste 1mg scared to try!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 09:02:48 AM »

Hi Lcon

:welcomemm:

I am not familiar with Medichecks  and at your age you can be diagnosed as peri-menopausal on the basis of cycle changes ( irregular periods, menopausal symptoms) alone. Oestrogen levels change daily and even during the day so cannot tell you much. If blood tests are done it is usually FSH that is measured and needs to be done on the 3rd - 5th day of a period - but this also varies greatly. There is more information here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/diagnose.php

Progesterone will be low in the first half of the menstrual cycle and in post-menopause so depending on where you are in your cycle this could account for the reading. Oestrogen is at its highest just before ovulation (when prog is low).

If your cycle is irregular and you are having flushes and sweats then HRT is the recommended treatment. I presume it is Elleste Duet 1 mg that you have been prescribed ( ie contains two types of tablets - the second lot containing a mix of oestrogen and a progestogen)?. If you have been given estrogen only tablets then you have been given the wroing treatment and need to go back to your GP. The progestogen is needed to protect the womb from additional stimulation by the added oestrogen.

Hurdity x

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 02:37:51 PM »

Hi Lcon

:welcomemm:

Lanzalover x

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 12:45:04 PM »

Hi Lcon

I'm now onto month 4 of Elleste Duet 1mg, I'm perimenopausal and the doc put me on this after a failed attempt at anti-depressants.   My main symptoms were hot flushes, sweating and disturbed sleep (as well as a load of other symptoms)

I can honestly say that I wish I'd persuaded the doc to give me HRT when I originally went a year ago, for me it's helped with my main symptoms and some of the minor ones too.

My biggest concern is putting on weight (or I should say more weight) but that's down to me to sort out, nobody else can help me with that lol x

Lisa1970

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 08:14:40 PM »

Hi I've been prescribed Elleste solo 1mg a week ago it's my first time trying HRT and I'm
Wondering if I've got the right one too. I've not had a hysterectomy or coil fitted so wondered if I need a combined one?  What was your outcome? I'm 47 and had symptoms for 2 years off and on.