Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: 7 months on Angeliq and feeling ill  (Read 3359 times)

warwick01

7 months on Angeliq and feeling ill
« on: December 01, 2017, 09:28:26 AM »

Morning Ladies

I thought I had cracked it on Angeliq (7.5 months) and 2 weeks ago I was out at the Xmas markets when with NO warning I came all over ill I felt I was going to vomit there and then. Since then I feel shocking.....

Nausea
Face flushing
Strong smelling urine
sore vagina
Bowels loose smelly with bad egg smell wind (STI)
Shaky throughout my body
Spacey/dizzy feeling when walking
Dry mouth with metallic taste

Thought it was a bug as I was feeling ok but its not getting any better now for 2 weeks. Can't get in the GP,s and going on holiday tomorrow. Not feeling upto it really. Also I had a UTI 2 weeks before this all started never took anti biotics just tried to flush it away...... could it be an infection that's travelled through my body??

Please let me know what you think as your always so helpful XXX

Lanzalover

Re: 7 months on Angeliq and feeling ill
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 11:18:37 AM »

Morning warwick01

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

I was abroad a few weeks ago and had a UTI so I constantly drank water which seemed to flush it away but a week after returning to the UK it returned with a vegence and needed antibiotics.

If you can't get an appointment with your GP do you have a walk in centre near you as think it could be an infection and if you are going away tomorrow you really should see someone before you go.

Ps when I rang my practice for an appointment the first appointment they had was over a week away ! I explained I thought I had a UTI and the receptionist said just call in do a sample and they would dip it (sample had to be there before 1pm) I handed in the sample at 12.40 pm and one the GP's rang me back at 13.50 to say I had an infection and she had sent the prescription to the chemist for a three day course af antibiotics and she was sending the sample to the lab and if I needed any further treatment that would contact me when they got the results back. I was really pleased with the service. Have you spoken to your surgery they may also offer something similar.

Hoping you manage to get some help as you really don't want this to ruin your holiday.

Love Lanzalover x

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »

Hi Lanzalover

Thank you.

Its a mind game. Is it  from the UTI, or side effects, or a dip in estrogeon?? all have similar symptoms. couldn't get in GP so will go away tomorrow and if Im ill will pay to see a Dr there.

Wx

Lanzalover

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 07:12:55 AM »

Hi warwick01

Oh that's a pity you couldn't get to see anyone.

Hope you have a lovely holiday itt sounds like your going somewhere warmer than the UK lucky you. 

Lanzalover x

hereandthere

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 07:47:02 AM »

Hi Warwick01
Did you find out what the issue was? I was wondering if you ever have low blood pressure. I've had flushes as peri for years, but going into the menopause I got 1 to 2 minute extreme nausea episodes. Now on Evorel Sequi this has switched to longer but much duller nausea. Ive always had postural hypotension (giddy when I stand up) but shortly before starting Evorel Sequi (nearly a month now) I had two ‘near' faints. The first two weeks I was extremely spacey on it but it has settled. However I feel like my hands when holding a book are shaky. My existing tinnitus seems worse too. So not exactly like you but my impression is that the HRT also has an effect on the vestibular system.
Best of luck and interested to learn if you've had further insight. Xx

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 06:57:45 PM »

Hi hearandthere,

I have started on B12 loading as my reading was low at 150.

Still get periods of lightheadedness as if I'm about to faint during the day. No explanation, trying to eat regular. All symptoms are listed as side effects of angeliq. If I go to GP they always put it down to stress/anxiety. I think it's either HRT or menopause causing it.

Wx

Sarai

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 08:18:13 PM »

warwick01 if you have/had b12 of 150 a myriad of symptoms is likely. Honestly don't let any dr tell you otherwise and don't let them kid you that after loading you will be fine. After loading you need to maintain good levels nearly impossible in the uk nhs. Is the dr giving you daily 5mg of folate as you really need that and please eat lots of potassium foods without you will still feel bad and the b12 can't work properly.

warwick01

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 03:17:24 PM »

Hi Sarai,

I don't really understand much about B!2. I guess reading your email you do?? The GP wasn't even going to give me injections, she didn't even seem bothered. It was only by me going and insisting (again) on getting my bloods done because I have felt so ill for ages and no one seems to care.

Can I buy 5mg Folate??

Weakness is improving but still feel Im getting nervous system symptoms, lightheaded, tingling in my lower legs

Many thanks Wx

hereandthere

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 06:21:08 AM »

Hi to you both
I had B12 levels checked along with other blood tests a little before starting the HRT and mine were supposedly fine, so my dizziness apparently couldn't be put down to that, or irritatingly anything else. I feel a different more spacey kind of dizzy on the HRT sometimes.
My nausea was definitely caused by menopausal effects before the HRT. Pretty sure because of the nature of it. Surges of quite extreme nausea for a minute or two.
Now it's like my morning sickness at its very best in the HRT as it's much milder than that was. I was so bad with my first pregnancy i had hyperemis gravidarum and lost a few kilos initially. I will not believe anyone who tells me hormone fluctuation doesn't cause nausea. However mine is copable at the moment. In the morning I must eat breakfast or it's worse. But it can be different times of the day. Because I'm just into the second month on Evorel Sequi I feel like I need to wait longer for these symptoms to subside. Sorry, I'm probably repeating myself. But it's comforting to know there are others out there experiencing similar symptoms. Why we are all here I guess ;)

Katia

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 03:36:19 PM »

Warwick,

I had face flushing and burning with Yasmin.  I took it for years and then it suddenly started with that problem.  It was way before peri so wasn't menopause related.  I think it's that progestegen as I changed pills and had no probs

hereandthere

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 03:24:16 PM »

Yes, I feel like i feel better on the estrogen only pill in my alternating sequence on Evorel Sequi.

Katia

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 11:38:49 AM »

For me loose bowels can be low estrogen