Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Weird dreams!  (Read 34293 times)

LoriPA

Weird dreams!
« on: November 27, 2017, 02:38:40 AM »

My sleep patterns have considerably improved since starting norethindrone (Sharobel, to be specific) two weeks ago; however, I've been having dreams that can only be described as weird! :o

Everything from dead relatives, places I've never been, people I've never met in person (but know about them through other channels), talking animals, flying, the list goes on.

Has anyone else experienced similar while on HRT or is this just happening because I'm sleeping better? :-\

Shardave

• First Flush
Re: Weird dreams!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 03:08:18 PM »

I've had wierd dreams both on and off HRT, and I get snatched out of a vivid dream very quickly that makes me also have a wierd vibration affect. However the content of the dreams are not 'normal' and can range from noises shapes and colours, to just a feeling of not being quite part of a dream like I used to be. It's almost like you are semi conscious.
Think it's definitely a meno thing!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »

Yep.  I opened a thread on this topic years ago  ::)

My brain picks up something from the evening News: mixes it with people I haven't thought of or seen in over 30+ years; has a good route round ........ last night my JR was killed in a road accident, well actually, she died at home - naturally!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »

Last night my brain was very depressed, in half-sleep I could feel it.   However, in the dreams people were telling me that I wasn't depressed, that no way should I be having depression because ........... I was searching for people to help me: friends to give me a cuppa, GPs to talk me through how I was feeling.  No one would help  :-\

Fortunately, I'm OK in the day-time.

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »

Ive had weird dreams for a fair few months now. Didn't think anything of it at first but then put 2&2 together and realised it's when my hormones are fluctuating.
I've had some bizarre dreams, lots that I've woken up and remembered (which I don't normally do) lots that I've woken up and wondered what on earth! Some that have made me sob in my dream and I've woken up sobbing too.
It's got to be another weird peri symptom.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 06:26:30 PM »

I'm on different medications which doesn't help.   Last night it was a dream similar to those I've had B4 ........ fortunately on waking my brain ins't depressed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:28:00 PM by CLKD »

Snoooze

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:27:38 PM »

I've been having weird dreams through peri but I also had weird dreams when I was pregnant, so obviously hormones yet again!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »

Lots of weird dreams this week.
Woke earlier feeling really leaden.  Head wouldn't wake up.  Limbs wouldn't move.  Took ages to even think about waking properly. The dream was illogical ........... I woke knackered!

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »

In the night I was busy.

DH and I were sitting on an old wall in the sunshine.  Far in the distance we could see Billy Connolly [I saw a photo of him in the national papers on Friday], he walked close enough to throw jewellery into the crowd.  I caught a piece then a security guard came to take it back  ::).  Billy came to chat to our 'row' and I reminded him that he had been to a Fairport Reunion - he couldn't remember until I mentioned Cropredy 1991 [it was 1989].

Next DH and I were climbing a wall and found a set of un-occupied flats [Will Millard in Wales].  We decided that if we could carry a few bits of furniture over the wall that we could set up residence until we found a property to buy  :-\.  Have no idea where other than North of Chester.  Lots of people were walking below the wall ........... we then found ourselves at another concert where large sacks were being handed out 4 people to put money into, presumably for charity - then the bags were snatched back as it wasn't certain that the monies would get to the Charities.  On and on and ......... I'm knackered!

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 02:07:57 PM »

Last night I ended up in the US  :o.  Apparently I had a friend from there, we had worked together for 3 months and I went to the airport to see her leaving. I have no recollection of the flight nor landing but I was in a stretch limo., belonging to her family.  I don't have a Passport, how would that work  :D

She took me into this HUGE mansion of a place, dashed up some stairs "I'll show you 2 your room" then I didn't see her throughout the dream.  Nor could I find my room  :-\.  At various states there was a large kitchen with people milling about including apparently her Mother - DH arrived at that point and was put to work carrying trays of drinks for this woman - "I worried about where you were" he told me.  The place was vast.

Eventually we were trying to find a taxi so walked miles along a pavement he was carrying his kit bag.  We came across a hall with 'antiques', "I must pop in there B4 we go to the airport".  Yeah. Right  ;D by now I was looking for a loo  :-\.  Everything of course was priced in dollars there was one dealer who apparently knew us and greeted us like old friends  :o and who eventually offered us a lift to the airport.

I gradually woke up then needing the loo.  There was a lot more besides the above, mainly looking for a bathroom or the way to my bedroom .... rows and rows of long corridors with wooden flooring lined with French antique furniture ...... at one time I was going along muttering "that's fake"  :D.  There were acres of staircases leading nowhere.  One went outside into an over-grown garden with a folly ....... then a tall wall so we couldn't get out.  I felt trapped there. 

Reen

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 02:22:58 PM »

I'm so glad I found this thread haha! I was beginning to think I was losing my mind with all the weird dreams I've been having! I have always had vivid dreams but lately they've become completely bizarre, so it's good to know that I'm not the only one. I have a lot of recurrent dreams too about being in places that I don't know in real life but they're always the same in my dreams and so I know my way around. I'll be shopping or walking through cities, or sitting on a beach and watching the waves, or swimming in a river that runs through that particular place. The places don't even have names but it's as if I know them inside out and they never change from dream to dream. Maybe I am losing it!  ;) ;D

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 02:39:17 PM »

Nope.  I also fly - always over the Pier at Aberystwyth  ;D

In the dream there was an octopus, one room in the mansion was put over to large tanks of various types of fish - a woman plucked it off the bottom of the tank and flung it at me, it landed on my head  :sick02: and the tentacles were hanging over my face  :sick02: :sick02: - like people hate spiders, I have a 'thing' about octopiiii ......... she refused to take it off telling me that it wanted a cuddle.  Eventually someone else walked by and peeled it off  :(

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 03:40:04 PM »

Some leave me exhausted  :(

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 04:51:41 PM »

It's the other way round.  I have very busy, involved, illogical dreams and wake exhausted  ::).  I am on various medication which may be the cause as well as a restless childhood.

Last night I was packing - I moved to a holiday property with cases, when I came to travel away those cases had disappeared so I was putting items into supermarket carrier bags.  So nothing was in an order I could understand.  I couldn't find my vehicle nor DH.  It was alternately sunny, hot and drizzling  ::).  The dream went on and on and .......

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 08:18:08 PM »

Busy again last night.  Cleaning toilets  :-\  :o

Started in a large room where DH and I were staying.  Also a camp site outside and the rooms/campers shared a two-cubicle toilet block.  When I went into the loo there was a flyer in the bowl under which was  :o  :-X.  I looked for a brush.  Nowt.  The other loo was dirty too.  Later on there was a whole newspaper in the loo impossible to fetch out with no brush.

Then I was trying to pack a van.  No cases.  Lots of carrier bags.  I put everything on the bed in the large room, in order - came back to find DH stuffing carrier bags so I didn't know what was in which bag.   :-\

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5