Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 36780 times)

Yammy1

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2017, 09:13:20 PM »

Wow Annie, it baffles me what anxiety can do to a person, can completely change you. Give your daughter my best wishes, she's also lucky o have such a supportive, understanding Mam.
CKKD I know what you mean, we are not as important as we think lol

Annie0710

« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »

We know we're being silly, I assume we're all alike where in calm moments we can pick our anxieties to shreds and can't give an explanation can we?

My anxiety is focussed more on being around people or out and about on my own. 

A few weekends ago we had hubbys friends to stay and we all went out for a meal and drinks.  I've got to know them well over the years and as they were leaving next day I noticed their hugs to me were really meaningful.  The husband text my hubby later that day saying they loved every moment of their stay with us and love our company.  So why was I nervous the whole time? Nothing makes sense where anxiety is concerned x

Yammy1

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »

Your right there Annie, none of it makes any sense

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2017, 02:28:48 PM »

I was raised not to let people down so if I agreed to something then I wasn't to change my mind.  So consequently I had lots of anxiety because I had said 'yes' ........ now when asked to do something I tell people to give me time to consult my calendar and in the meantime, make sure that they have backup in case I have to dash off to see my elderly Mum  ;)

Also it was worrying about what people would think if I had to leave an event earlier than planned, now it doesn't bother me!

Yammy1

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »

Day 8 and I really wish ads started working, I'm tired and fed up trying to be 'normal'.

Clare11

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2017, 01:22:24 PM »

Hi, you will get there Yammy. I have just restarted, just over 2 weeks and starting to feel less worried and weepy.
Had a break but started to get weepy and whittled alot so started back on them. Hubby supportive and I do have a wee tipple with them, I asked the Doc and she said fine, not too many though. Which is good baa on holiday at the moment.
Keep with it as they have helped me. 😁

Yammy1

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2017, 01:32:01 PM »

Thank you Clare for your kind words of encouragement, I'm just feeling sorry for myself and getting impatient. I haven't had a drink yet but glad your gp said it's ok. Can I ask what mg our on, I'm only on 5 mg but doc reckons it's enough for me as I usually react to any new medication. Enjoy your hols

Samade

« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2017, 01:58:35 PM »

Glad you are hanging in Yammy, chatting on here will make you realise what is going on is normal
Time goes so slow when you just want to get better, there were times in my first few weeks that I thought I was going backwards and not forward. Being on here really helped me feel less alone and trapped in my head.
Keep going, its good for me too to see how you are getting on, gradually the dips lessen and the ups get longer  :great:

Yammy1

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »

Thank you Samade, your right about time going so slow, but I'm determined to stick with it

CLKD

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2017, 03:02:36 PM »

If the side effects are barely stick with the medication?  The brain doesn't get where it is suddenly so it needs time for the drug to begin
working ;-)

Yammy1

« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »

Thank you CLKD, Yes side effects are not nice but bearable. I didn't take Xanax yesterday or so far today so hopefully things are moving in the right direction

CLKD

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2017, 03:09:02 PM »

Well done you!  Progress  :medal:

Annie0710

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2017, 06:24:05 PM »

Oh Yammy you're going great.  Not long now til that life is ready to live xxxx

Yammy1

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2017, 06:57:29 PM »

Thank you Annie, right now it feels like I've a mountain to climb, still very anxious when I leave the house which is frustrating but I guess you have to walk before you can run.

CLKD

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2017, 07:11:01 PM »

Little steps.  Wading through treacle it felt like at times  >:( ......
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14