Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Citalopram  (Read 37161 times)

Yammy1

Re: Citalopram
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2017, 06:13:17 PM »

Day 10 and not having a good day. I keep yawning and have a very uncomfortable feeling behind left breast :'(. I feel. Can't breathe properly and my health anxiety about my heart is back with a vengeance. Please le his be just a blip.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »

It's a blip.  When my body is bloated I can't draw a full breath.  Noticeable when out walking  ::)

Yammy1

« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2017, 07:23:26 PM »

I'm sure your right CLKD, Just need to try be more positive and have patience. Give ads a bit more time to hopefully work their magic.

CLKD

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2017, 02:43:43 PM »

It's the physicality though, knowing it will pass doesn't take the awful feelings away  :'(

OK this morning?

Yammy1

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2017, 06:10:29 PM »

Better day today, thank you

CLKD

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2017, 07:15:44 PM »

I'm really pleased for you!  I find my worst hours are B4 lunch, after which I am able to relax more  ::)

Annie0710

« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2017, 08:13:20 PM »

Glad you've had a better day Yammy cx

Yammy1

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2017, 09:36:48 PM »

Thank you, just wondering,  the past few evenings I'm yawning a lot and feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen, just wondering if this is a reaction to ad?and more importantly will it pass as it's driving me nuts

lesley998

« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2017, 10:25:45 PM »

It's a known side effect of some SSRIs. It should settle down.  I was on Seroxat years go, and it gave me ‘air hunger', made me yawn,  and clench my teeth....it was awful.  The teeth clenching got so bad the Doc replaced them with another AD.

Here's an interesting article on yawning

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2708013/

Yammy1

« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2017, 10:38:34 PM »

Interesting SweetPea, it only seems to be in the evening time. I really hope it stops soon as I really don't want to have to stop and start all over again with another ad

lesley998

« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2017, 11:04:01 PM »

.... you don't want horrible side effects.   If it hasn't settled soon, obviously you'll have a word with your Doc.  He'll maybe lower the dose....but.....Sometimes they just don't suit, and you have to find one that does,  I do hope you persevere as AD's can be life changing. 

Yammy1

« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2017, 07:09:11 AM »

Thank you SweetPea, had a really bad night. Full blown panic attack, felt I couldn't breathe. Woke this morning with a bad head cold feeling yuck. This is day 12 of citalopram, I'm only on 5mg so not sure this is high enough. I will rest the weekend and if no better I will ring doctor on Monday. I'm sure the cough and cold aren't helping. Just can't seem to get a break from this anxiety  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »

....... and breath.   Yawning is natural, can be boredom, lack of oxygen, lack of exercise or because someone else is yawning: why is it so catching?  :D

5mg isn't much.  I take 5 in the morning and 10 at night.  How are the over-all symptoms?  If anxiety continues, ask about an appropriate anti-anxiety medication 'as necessary', I have an emergency pill to take when it floors me.  Because I know that it eases symptoms within about 20 mins., I have never worried about needing to take more.  It either knocks me out completely or enables me to relax.

Little steps.  How is your diet, if the body needs energy it can go into anxiety mode.

Yammy1

« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2017, 11:37:05 AM »

CLKD,Ive just woken up and i feel like I've need run over by a truck.  headache, aches and pains cough and bunged  up yuck. I had my flu jab so guess it's just a bad cold. Going to start some uniflu and hope for the best. I have emergency Xanax so will take if needed. This is all I need, was feeling bad enough  :o.woe is me

CLKD

« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »

Woe indeed.  I won't have the 'flu jab  ;).

Even knowing that it's a cold doesn't stop the physicality does it  :-\ - be KIND to yourself.  Get a cuppa to hand, feet up, afternoon TV  ;)

Once these symptoms are through, think about whether an extra 5mg might help; perhaps take it for 3 days then go to the GP and discuss?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14