Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Norethisterone & Femoston 1/10  (Read 4335 times)

MissUnderstood

Norethisterone & Femoston 1/10
« on: October 27, 2017, 06:35:17 AM »

Hi ladies

Does anyone know if it's ok to take Norethisterone to delay my period whilst taking femoston 1/10?

I have tried continuing taking the grey tablets before to delay my period but it didn't work. I still came on. Before taking hrt, when going on holiday I would take Norethisterone to delay my period so wondering if I can still do this while taking femoston?

Thanks ladies!

Mags

Dancinggirl

Re: Norethisterone & Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:05:57 PM »

You need to speak with your GP - my feeling would be to avoid doing this if possible. It sounds as though your own cycle is still breaking through and controlling things a bit.  If your womb lining builds up too much, then this will often result in a natural shedding, so this is perhaps what happened before when you tried to change the cycle.  Are the grey tablets the oestrogen only ones or the combined progesterone and oestrogen ones?  Are you still peri meno? DG x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »

You could try starting the progesterone + oestrogen pills earlier to bring on the period before the holiday? DG x

MissUnderstood

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 08:50:27 AM »

Thanks ladies! The grey tablets are combined. To be honest I've been weaning myself off them & only taking every other day due to other side effects. So i think I may have a break from them & see how I get on. I can then take the Norethisterone.

Thanks very much for your help  :)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 09:56:39 AM »

You shouldn't change the way you take the HRT generally or you will get problematic bleeding due to the womb lining building up.  Without the progesterone taken for 10-12 days each month, you will get a build up that results in bleeding. If you are taking the progesterone phase only every other day then this will cause problems.  If you are fine with Norethisterone, then why not switch to Elleste HRT which has this progesterone in it already. DG x

MissUnderstood

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 08:45:23 PM »

Thanks DG!

I will ask my go about Elleste hrt. I checked with gp about taking my femoston every other day & she said it was fine as long as it was regular. I'd rather not take anything at all!!

Thanks again  :)