Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston Conti  (Read 1652 times)

undergroundbarbie

Femoston Conti
« on: October 18, 2017, 08:34:12 AM »

I've been on Femoston Conti 1mg for over a year and all has been fine but I've have been bleeding after sex the last few times. This happened last year and it turned out to be polyps which were removed. I also had this again a few months ago and was checked, this time nothing found and all settled down. Now it has started again. Could my hormones have changed again. Also currently having tests for breast cancer, could there be any connection? Would appreciate any ideas. Feeling very anxious. :(

Hurdity

Re: Femoston Conti
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »

Hi undergroundbarbie

Were you definitely post-menopausal when you started HRT? As I expect you know all bleeding after sex should be investigated, so I would go back to the doc just to be on the safe side. Better to have unnecessary investigations than to ignore something which could be serious - or become so if left.

I also had this and doc found a cervical ectropion, and also sent me for hysteroscopy and biopsy and all was OK - no explanation for the bleeding was given by the gyane I saw (GP said the ectropion couldn't have caused it - but I don't rate this particular GP anyway - given her views/knowledge on HRT and menopause).

Re testing for breast cancer - have you found a lump or was it from a mammogram? Not sure if there is any connection (to the bleeding) to be honest but would have thought unlikely.

Try not to worry but do get checked out!

Hurdity x

undergroundbarbie

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, yes it was following a mammogram, they found microcalcifications in my left breast, I've had biopsy on Tuesday and results next Wednesday. I had the camera to investigate the bleeding at the end of august and nothing found. Still bleeding and it's getting heavier even though not had sex for a few days. I actually feel a bit PMT but could be feeling like that coz of what's going on. Going to get GP appointment.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 07:24:42 PM »

Do let us know the outcome and hope all is OK and with the biopsy results.

Hurdity x

undergroundbarbie

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, results weren't good and I have been diagnosed with breast cancer, something of a shock but I'm told it is still small and very early, so mammogram couldn't have come at a better time. Following a chat with my GP just before diagnosis I decided to stop the HRT, which he agreed with. First couple of days were fine but since then I've had an almost constant headache and light headedness. A few hot flushes but sleep ok, other than the worry of the 'C' word. Appetite not great but craving sweet stuff.
I had been on various HRTs for about 7 years, so maybe too long. I'm hoping these symptoms diminish with time.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »

Hi undergroundbarbie

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis of breast cancer - but good to know that it has been discovered at a very early stage. What treatment will you have? Also I presume they will carry out tests to determine whether or not it is oestrogen positive? If not then you will be able to continue with HRT if you want.  I can't remember how old you are. In the meantime there are other prescribed treatments that can help with flushes and sweats - here is a recent paper and specifically refers to women who cannot take HRT due to breast cancer:
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2053369117711646?hootPostID=6690d93930a10b86869c48433ab506e7

There is no proven causal connection between adding oestrogen in the form of HRT and breast cancer - the link is still controversial, but the type you were taking one of the safest so don't blame yourself for this.  Some of the progestogens are thought to increase the risk - but not the one in Femoston.

Wishing you well with your treatment - and if you have any questions then do start another thread because your post may well be best by other members as the title is about a specific type of HRT so they may not look in. There are other women on here who have been treated for breast cancer and I am sure will have helpful advice or just words of support.

Take care

Hurdity xx

undergroundbarbie

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 12:02:57 PM »

Thanks, I'll start another thread as any advice or experiences are welcome.