Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How do you come off HRT? Elleste Duet 1mg  (Read 1947 times)

Linds66

How do you come off HRT? Elleste Duet 1mg
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »

Hello there

I am on Elleste Duet 1mg and it has flared up my endometriosis. Now in pain constantly rather just when I have a period. I'm not bleeding either.

GP suggested I came off it as pains are due to endometriosis flaring up. The thing is he didn't tell me how to come off it? I've been on it for six months and not sure how to come off it.

Can anyone advise?

Linds

Dancinggirl

Re: How do you come off HRT? Elleste Duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 05:58:08 PM »

Ideally you should perhaps finish a whole month - so if you are on a sequential version this will allow for a proper bleed and shedding if the womb. If you are on a conti version you could just stop.
You may want to try having a Mirena fitted as this may reduce cramps and endo causing a problem. With the Mirena in place, you can simply add oestrogen as gel or patch. DG x

marge1

Re: How do you come off HRT? Elleste Duet 1mg
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 06:12:14 PM »

Hi. Just wondering if you had any further update after coming off the Elleeste duet. I also have a history of endometrioisis, with endometriomas on my ovaries. I started femoston 1/10 this week and already have an aching right ovary. This usually happens at period time. Im not sure what to do next. Saw a gynaecologist today and she wants me to have a pelvic ultrasound. I have been perimenopausal now for three years since pregnancy and thought that might have helped the endometriosis go away a bit. She mentioned a Mirena or taking decapeptyl plus adding back in hormones. She said its a tricky area.Would love to hear of other peoples experiences and what they found worked best in the scenario of endometriosis. Im liking the effects of the oestrogen but this ache has me worried.