Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is the answer in the stars?  (Read 7743 times)

Roseneath

Is the answer in the stars?
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:40:30 AM »

I feel like since I hit Peri I am looking for that golden bullet that will 'put me right' again and explain ' why me' ? I find 50% of my peers have no symptoms whatsoever (so they say) and then 25% some then 25% terrible and struggling (like me).  It was funny but most of those that were struggling with hormones / anxiety were the 'gentler' star signs like Pices, Libra, Gemini, Virgo, Aquarius. Those who said they had no or limited side effects from Peri were Scorpio / Aries/Leo/Taurus/Sagitarius.  Maybe we we onto something! Or maybe people who have anxiety to begin with just see it heightened.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is the answer in the stars?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »

:o .............

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 12:04:24 PM »

I didn't suffer anxiety until menopause and I'm a libran so that theory works for me

Strange you say libra is a gentler sign as 'gentle' is how I've always been described as by people x

Nasil41

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 12:08:08 PM »

I'm a Virgo so it works for me too   ???

bramble

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 12:51:05 PM »

I'm a Virgo as well. Never experienced anxiety until I hit my early fifties.
Bramble

Yammy1

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 01:02:44 PM »

My anxiety is through the roof and I'm Capricorn  :-X :-\

Snoooze

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »

I suffer terribly with anxiety...always have, worse in Peri and I'm on your list of those who said they had none or limited!

However, I do agree with if you have it, it becomes worse in peri.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 02:38:32 PM »

It could have some 'truth' in it ......... I've been thinking around family members and some of it fits  :D

dangermouse

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 06:59:43 PM »

Oh I'm a Leo and have had a tough time but I liked your theory!

People often think that horoscopes are a load of nonsense, I'm still not totally convinced by future forecasting but I do believe that the influence of the moon and sun when we're born does create a certain type of personality.

Saying that, I'm quite laid back normally and am a therapist who helps others with anxiety and mine has been more physical anxiety from the adrenaline from high oestrogen. So it could be true for general anxiety.

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »

On first reading of course first reaction - is that this is a "load of old baloney". However if you look a bit more closely then time of year of birth is bound to affect certain factors. Nothing to do with the stars signs per se ( in fact I don't know the time of year for gentler or not - I don't know when all the star signs are) but the neo-natal environment will interact with genetics and may well have some effect.

There was an observational study here linking date of birth to onset of menopause (haven't read it!).
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2005/may/12/health.sciencenews

Also the artificial construct of our education system based on month of birth can have a profound effect on some aspects of our lives. There was a fascinating progamme on Radio 4 (?last week) about the difference between summer borns and autumn borns and not only their long term educational performance but also character too. One example given was sport - so younger children in the year (eg July/August birthdays) would early on be at a disadvantage phsyically and do less well at say many sports than their older peers. This could (the programme argued) have a profound effect on character with the summer borns perceiving (throughout life) that they were not so good at sport, seeing themselves as weaker and there were other implcations - re anxiety ( can;t remember all the details).

It is therefore conceivable that summer borns (on average ) might be less confident early on than their peers, and have to work harder to succeed and become more anxious ( there were various studies). This effect might possibly continue on towards menopause so that eg summer borns were more affected my symptoms ( due to being more anxious etc) than the more confident autumn borns. Not sure if work has been done on this but it would need a huge number of stats (not a few anecdotal observations) because of the many confounding factors involved.

Star sings would only come into it as they related eg to Summer and autmn.

Well I got carried away there - haven't time to look up the research but interesting all the same :)

Hurdity x

peri

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 12:20:08 AM »

I consider I had a hard time and I'm Leo.  I definitely feel it affects your start in life whereabouts in the school year you are placed though.  For example, I was always one of the youngest in the class and it takes a while to catch up.  I was a late developer physically, (started periods late) and mentally (didn't go to university until I was 33).  Whereas my sister born in September and one of the eldest in the school year was physically mature and top of the class.  There's nothing in it now (between sister and me), which supports the theory time of year dictated the difference.  Sorry for taking this subject off on a tangent - it is fascinating though x

Ju Ju

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »

I had a friend at college who studied astrology ( not a college subject!) who told me that tabloid and magazine horoscopes were a load of baloney, as it was far more complicated than fitting into one of 12 star signs. Sun signs, birth time of day etc etc. But I do fit characterwise into my star sign, Pisces rather neatly. Whether that has any bearing on my experience of menopause? I tend to feel my early experience of life has made me vunerable to health issues, therefore to menopausal symptoms.

As a teacher of early years, now retired, I very much agree that in this country children born in the summer months can be very much at a disadvantage academically. I remember being saddened by one little boy coming up to me in a year 2 class saying he was no longer stupid. He was a 'summer baby' and had started school just after he was 4. Far too immature to cope with more formal expectations. We set up some of our younger children up to learn how to feel a failure. Testing children at early stages will not bring up standards. Allowing children to be mature enough to reach perceived  standards when THEY are ready, not when the government says they should be ready, will make a difference, as they will be more likely to take on the attitude of believing they can achieve. I planned and succeeded in conceiving my first child so that she was born in October, not so clever for my second child, who was born in April.

Snoooze

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 03:02:09 PM »

I've read before about the summer months child but it's not that way with mine. My cleverest child is a summer baby and was the youngest in her class. My winter child, one of the oldest in his class struggles academically.

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »

I'm October, so one of the oldest, but always the shortest so was always treated as a younger one.  Loved my sport at school and was academically ahead of my years in primary school but not confident, and a late developer but reasonably early menopauser

dulciana

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »

I'm March (Pisces) and I definitely had a rocky ride at the height of meno - however, my twin sister felt a bit sweaty on a couple of occasions...............and that was it for her.   
 :-\
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:29:25 PM by dulciana »
Pages: [1] 2