Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oral thrush  (Read 1820 times)

Pauline

Oral thrush
« on: September 18, 2017, 06:34:54 AM »

Hello all. I was a regular contributor to this forum for some time but not so much recently. However, I would appreciate your thoughts on the following:
I have a sore mouth and yellowish tongue which the GP has diagnosed as oral thrush and I am coming to the end of a week's course of Nystatin. I think it has helped but not fully cured the issue. I have been looking at Candida diets and they do seem very daunting. I don't eat much sugar anyway but do like fruit and veg. I am veggie anyway.
There seems to be so much conflicting advice out there on the internet. Have any of you had oral thrush and, if so, how do you deal with it effectively but also viably?
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oral thrush
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:32:54 AM »

Some have commented on oral trush, you may find threads if you put 'oral thrush' into the search box?

For vaginal thrush I have always used LIVE yoghurt, 4-5 days of eating large spoonfuls several times a day.  It cleanses the whole digestive system.  I have also changed my toothpaste as it was making some foodstuffs burn my mouth!

Ju Ju

Re: Oral thrush
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 09:50:39 AM »

As I can get oral thrush through the use of my inhalers, I use Corsodyl mouthwash if my mouth feels sore and this quickly sorts it out.