Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to this please help  (Read 1072 times)

MollysMummy

New to this please help
« on: September 08, 2017, 01:04:47 PM »

Hi there this is my first ever post so please excuse my ramblings. I started having these symptoms at the end of last year, vertigo, nauseous heart palpitations that would wake me up they came from nowhere, up to then I was fine, I'm 41. Went to the doctor got told it was labrynthitis, then when that didn't clear up it was anxiety, I've never been an anxious person also started to get migraines for the first time ever, been referred to neurologist,got referred to cardiologist had a 24 hour holter test that came back clear. Been backward and forwards to the doctors getting blown off basically until I worked out these symptoms happen one week before my period and one week after. After asking for hormones to be checked one dr lied and said they had been (a month wasted for me thanks doc) then finally one listened and checked them turns out my fsh levels are high for my age even though I'm still regular so he's put me on femoston 1/10 whilst I'm waiting to be referred to gynaecologist. I've been on it 5 weeks now and nothing has changed if anything I'm getting more palpatations and dizzy spells as well as constantly waking through the night, these are ruining my life as I'm having to take more and more time off work I'm wondering if I'm getting too much estrogen and that's why I'm still getting this and I need more progesterone I'm so tired and fed up of it all as if getting this now isn't hard enough I've got a 3 year old to care for. Sorry for the ramblings and is there anybody out there that has had these symptoms just so I know I'm not going crazy 😫
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:55:59 PM by MollysMummy »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to this please help
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »

You are not going mad.  You are starting The Change.  Do browse round, make notes!  There is a list of green suggestions at the top, have a look at 'treatments'.

Some GPs don't associate changes as you describe with menopause.  You could in the mean-time ring the secretary to the Consultant Gyanecologist to whom you have been referred and see how au fait he/she is about menopause over-all.  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first, make a list to take to the appt. and once you've read here you should have some idea as to what HRT - if that's the way you chose - you think is suitable for your symptoms.

:welcomemm:

MollysMummy

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 05:39:15 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I think I just need some reassurance as I don't have anyone my age going through it. It's the palpatations that terrify me mostly I've lost count of the times I've almost rang an ambulance because they're so intense. This menopause lark is a right laugh  :P thanks again

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 07:13:26 PM »

.... right laugh - not  ::)

If you put 'palpitations' into the search button you'll see previous threads and suggestions ;-)