Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Really struggling  (Read 2136 times)

lynn walker

Really struggling
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »

Hi I had been on Evorel Conti patches for 4 years no problems then mid July started bleeding really heavily and was given tablets to stop it. I started to bleed again while still taking the Utovlan so the doctor has told me not to take anything at all. I am now having the heaviest bleed of my life, having to get up twice in the night to change sanitary towel, it is very very painful. I'm taking co codamol but one of my worse problems is I keep waking up with the worst migraine pain above my eye. I just want it all to stop and go away. The doctor said I had to go through this to shed the lining of the womb and see what happens after. Is this normal? How long does it last? I have literally been in bed for 3 days with a heat pad. :'(

Foni1

Re: Really struggling
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »

Hi Lynn W
Sorry to hear your having such a rotten time.
I can't offer any advice really but I'm sure some of the ladies on here will be able to. They've been very supportive to me with lots of information.
Hope you feel better soon 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 11:51:15 AM »

Oh what a mess!  HORMONES  >:(.  Have you tried over-the-counter pain relief - your local Pharmacist should be able to advise, I think it was Feminax which gave me total relief - I had pain and clots every month   :-[

Your GP may well send you for a scan to see how thick the lining of the uterus is.  If you still feel ill in the morning, maybe ring the Surgery and ask for a call-back to see what the next stage is likely to be?

lynn walker

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 01:51:09 PM »

Thought this was all behind me am 56 and no period for over 16 months, I took tramadol last night to knock myself out, I truly have never seen so much blood or been in so much pain, the migraine is awful, roll on Thursday and my doctors appointment, just wondering if this is normal and is this going to be my last horrendous bleed and that's it, oh I do hope so. I had an ultrasound about a month ago and they said thickening of the lining of the womb but ovaries normal, they did this as I kept getting a sharp pain in my left side, yes I'm still getting it, maybe it will stop when this all stops.

dazned

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 02:10:37 PM »

Hopefully when your lining has finished shedding you will start picking up. Then you should have a clean slate,so to speak,to start from re further Hrt.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »

Make sure that you keep hydrated.  Make a list to discuss with your Practice Nurse or GP - will you let us know?

lynn walker

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »

Make sure that you keep hydrated.  Make a list to discuss with your Practice Nurse or GP - will you let us know?
Will do x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 03:44:41 PM »

How horrible for you lyn. Hopefully the lining will soon thin enough to stop the bleeding. Are you passing clots? Although this is uncomfortable it shows your body's clotting mechanism is working. Ibuprofen, if you can tolerate it, has an ingredient which slows bleeding according to my lovely GP. I think you should ask for a further scan to check that the womb lining is now thin. Did they say how thick it was?

Taz x

lynn walker

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 09:40:28 PM »

No didn't say how thick it was. Sadly I cant take Ibuprofen or any NSAID type pain relief as I have Ulcerative Colitis, the co codamol makes me feel weird so I'm taking solpadiene now the pains are not so bad, hoping it starts to stop now, do you think the doctor will offer me another HRT, not sure what will happen now but know I really do not want to go through this experience again. I'm getting hot flushes again now too.

lynn walker

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 08:48:26 AM »

Bleeding has finally stopped, I have been referred to a  clinic so waiting for a hospital appointment, that maybe months, now having awful nights sweats, is there anything I can take herbal or natural wise.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 09:31:01 AM »

Hi lynn - I'm glad the bleeding has stopped. There are recommendations for remedies in the green menu at the top of the page - you need to click on Treatments. Hot flushes and night sweats are really draining. I don't think anyone can quite understand how ill they can make you feel unless they have experienced them to be honest.

Some friends of mine have had success with a Dixarit which is a blood pressure medication but also prescribed to combat hot flushes and sweats. It may be worth asking your doctor about this. http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/brain-and-nervous-system/a6603/dixarit-clonidine/

Taz x