Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anyone else doing Active 10?  (Read 8050 times)

bramble

Re: Anyone else doing Active 10?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 12:00:32 PM »

I am conscious that I don't do enough walking - I exercise my brain more than my legs. So I may just download this app and take my phone round the garden for a 10 minute walk. It's a catch-22 thing like everything else - the more unfit you are, the harder it is, so you tend not to do it...............I do lots of gardening but that doesn't count as aerobic exercise unfortunately.

Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 02:47:33 PM »

GET UP EARLIER  :rofl:  that assumes Taz that you know what time we get up  :-\.

I've thought about this thread a lot when in the early hours when unable to sleep: I know I should be out walking more often but other things take up our time  :sigh:.  I also know that I should do more walking but do not have the time ....... I've had plenty of sunshine this year by gardening and sitting watching my efforts with a cuppa.  I have a tread-mill if I really wanted to up my walking experiences but Oh So Boring  ;D

Earlier we had the discussion as to how did we fit things in, both working,  :scottie: walking for hours during the week - we walked miles++.  But I'm older now.

babyjane

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 04:03:25 PM »

I know I should be out walking more often but other things take up our time  :sigh:.  I also know that I should do more walking but do not have the time .......

Says who?   :)  I was always wailing over what I 'should' be doing, this, that and the other.  Before my psychotherapy last year I had counselling on the NHS with a very nice lady who advised me that 'should' puts us under pressure, implies rules that we are required to follow and is a term that needs to be avoided.  She advised me to replace 'should' with 'could'.  It makes a difference, takes the pressure off and implies that we have a choice.  Try it, it works  :)

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 04:05:56 PM »

:thankyou:  I think that 'would' be even better  ;)  ::)

I would if I could .......... I think that my brain is the most active part of me these nights.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 04:10:39 PM »

I ought to exercise my quads a lot more.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »

I can do that from the settee or when standing in a shopping queue ;-)

babyjane

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »

Bit like pelvic floor exercises, anytime, any place, anywhere.  ;D

apart from the give away look of intense concentration on your face  :whist:

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »

:lol:

bramble

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 08:36:32 PM »

Taz2
Just had a go with the Active10 app. It recorded me as only doing 6 minutes of walking, despite me timing 10  minutes with my stopwatch, and none of the 6 minutes was classed as brisk walking. Despite me being out of breath. So, two problems here - 1. it doesn't record the time properly and 2. it cannot take into account what 'brisk' walking means to people of different health levels.
However, I do take on board the big picture and will continue to do 10 mins of, to me, brisk walking a day.

Bramble

Taz2

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »

Oh that's odd. Mine is really accurate i.e. it records the same amount of time which I've been walking as is showing on my phone clock. The aim is to walk at three miles an hour apparently. It seems to be the sustained ten minutes which is important and you did the ten despite what the app says.

Taz x  :foryou:
Pages: 1 2 [3]