Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: My Chin! and nose hairs !!!  (Read 141635 times)

honeybun

Re: My Chin!
« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »

I have just had one of those bendy springy thingys delivered. Oooo nippy but it seems to get the little ones without having to dig and route about for them. Time will tell but it brought tears to my eyes.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #286 on: February 07, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »

;D  but I enjoys a good root for those thick white hairs ……… excavating perhaps I was a miner in a previous Life

honeybun

« Reply #287 on: February 07, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »

Excavating makes my chin sore. It's the bristly ones just at the side of my mouth and my upper lip that really annoy me.
Hubby wanted to know what had been delivered this morning. I told him he really did not need to know. No doubt my daughter will discover it soon as she is always in my drawers looking for something that I never see again  ::)

Don't think she will want to borrow this  ;D

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #288 on: February 07, 2015, 04:03:40 PM »

;D …….. any thing other than personal items, my DH wouldn't notice the package being delivered  ::)

My top lip is a real nuisance particularly under my nose, those hurt when pulled but I am fed up using creams  :-\

Dulciana

« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2015, 04:25:18 PM »

I'm not, CLKD! Just a few minutes with the cream and the radio on, then hey-presto! they're  removed!    ::)

CLKD

« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2015, 04:26:29 PM »

It's about 10 mins. at night - otherwise I go round the next day with bright red upper lip which SHOWS  :'( and DH can smell the preparation after use.  But I get fed up doing it ……… hence the tweezers  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2015, 04:29:02 PM »

I'm scared to use cream. I had a very bad reaction once on my legs and swore never again. Knowing my luck I would end up looking as if I had been punched in the mouth.

I would love to just cream it all away though.

Honeyb
X

Dulciana

« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2015, 04:29:31 PM »

I use Weleda's calendula cream on the area afterwards and there's never any redness. 

CLKD

« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2015, 04:31:41 PM »

Creams have improved a lot in recent years.  I have tried all of them.  I use them at night …….. also, the cream for legs is different to that to be used on the face and bikini line - apparently and certainly I haven't had a facial rash with the ones that I use.

honeybun

« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2015, 04:33:22 PM »

Still scared.... ;D

My dad used to tell me that anything that is powerful enough to melt hair should not be used on skin  ;D

I ignored him and ended up in a right mess.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2015, 04:34:42 PM »

;D  your Dad would know then  :D ………. did he try it first ……….. I do find that under my chin if I use a good face cream and leave it for a few moments, the hairs do 'pull' easier  ;) except those that are white and wiry …….

Winterose

« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »

Had another full threading experience 2 days ago , have signed up for 4 more, will let you know about the re growth,

CLKD

« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2015, 06:36:38 PM »

I had eyebrows threaded in Sept., left them in a right mess at the hair grew back  :-\ and it HURT  :-X

honeybun

« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »

The bendy springy thingy seem to work well.

My daughter as predicted found it....just shows how much of my stuff she pinches......it really takes out the little hairs. Silver lady pointed me towards this. It seems to take the hit a and miss work out of using tweezers.

Now feeling much more excess hair free.

Honeyb
X

Rhubarb

« Reply #299 on: February 08, 2015, 03:09:46 AM »

I'm curious what the bendy springy thing is, I might want to order one!  I used to bleach the upper lip hair when I was young, never tried the dissolving cream.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41