Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Burning and bruised sensation almost constantly for a week now....  (Read 1557 times)

yellowjo

This might be TMI, but I feel the need to ask. Since having 'relations' last Sunday night, I've had bruised and sore feeling in my vagina all week. I haven't had any discharge or bleeding. The sex wasn't vigorous or anything out of the ordinary and my husband usually ensures I'm well lubricated  ;). I'm wondering what's going on. I haven't mentioned anything to him. We are going on a romantic weekend away tomorrow for three nights in lovely hotels, so I'm almost dreading the first time we 'do it', in case something is wrong. I tried making an appointment with my GP today, but no female GPs were available, only a Junior Male Doctor (would he understand a menopausal woman's symptoms?), so I chickened out. I've been officially post-menopause for almost 4 years now. I'm nearly 55. Any advice appreciated!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Burning and bruised sensation almost constantly for a week now....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 04:00:35 PM »

Take lots of lube.  He may not want it anyway ;-).

I would ask for vaginal atrophy treatment.  Have a read next week of the various threads on here.  Enjoy your break !

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 04:32:38 PM »

I would try VA treatment too and see if it helps.  I always felt like I'd just had stitches down there. I'd tear every time.  Make sure you're really well lubricated too.  Sylk is really good

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 04:50:45 PM »

The further into menopause you go the more your oestrogen levels drop and the less elastic the vaginal tissues become. If you are four years post meno it sounds that lack of oestrogen may well be the cause. My first sign of developing VA was the bruised and inflamed feeling. I was never dry by the way but lubrication didn't make any difference to the way I felt for a few days afterwards.  This is due to the vaginal tissues thinning but I didn't know that at the time. Vagifem sorted it for me.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 04:53:40 PM »

4 me it felt like razor blades up there  :o

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 05:25:11 AM »

Please tell your husband he would be upset I'm sure if you didn't .

Local oestrogen and loads of lube , sounds like VA.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 03:24:12 PM »

Do report back  ;)