Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem discharge - more  (Read 3529 times)

Defeated

Vagifem discharge - more
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »

I've read previous posts about discharge on Vagifem but nothing posted for 120 days, so thought I'd start a new one.
I've been on Vagifem for a few weeks now (currently twice a week) but my discharge is massively excessive (sorry TMI). Someone suggested using a mini pantyliner - this wouldn't last half an hour with me. We're talking maxi Tena on some days or changing every couple of hours. No odour, no discomfort (other than the obvious), no infection, no symptoms that shouldn't be there other than the riverflow 😂. Any idea if this will subside - as I adjust - eventually?

dahliagirl

Re: Vagifem discharge - more
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 02:41:20 PM »

Mmmm - I used to get a wet, drippy discharge, that was tinged slightly pink that needed a sanitary towel - but that stopped with the vagifem  ::) If I stood with nothing on, it would drip about every 30s.

Have you had a swab?

Annika

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »

Wondering if it might be a yeast infection? Having problems myself on the Estrace with burning plus triggering bladder problems...oh gawd it never ends does it,lol

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »

I use the multigyn actigel - a dollop on the finger swished round outside and in - as well as the vagifem to reduce suspicious thrush-like symptoms.  It stings a bit on first application but soothes.  It is supposed to rebalance your pH.

Dancinggirl used to do this too - take a look at the Burning thread in private lives.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »

Are you sexually active?

Annika

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 09:09:07 PM »

thanks Dahliagirl for that info..I don't think they sell actigel here in the US so I ordered some online no problem :)

Defeated

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 09:19:14 PM »

Spoke to a friend today who said she also had excessive discharge on Vagifem and stopped using it, which I don't want to do if it subsides. GP checked/swabbed for infection including yeast and I appear to be fine. My GP is efficient and very clued up on female issues - couldn't ask for better. She hasn't come across side effects quite as severe as mine (also still get slightly nauseous, but not as bad as early days) even though they are listed as the most common.
I will persevere with my fingers crossed as the bladder sensitivity has completely gone since using Vagifem.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 09:59:49 PM »

What would cause you to feel nauseous?