Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Need fem seven advice  (Read 1280 times)

Kwebst

Need fem seven advice
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:20:36 PM »

Hi ladies
I'm a bit of an hrt novice so Need some advice. Started femseven seqi patches 5 days ago for the first time. All hunky dory but I've just ovulated so I'm obviously out of sync with my own cycle. First time I've ovulated in a few months. Noticed a big drop in mood today. Question- do I skip the oestrogen and go straight on to the 2 weeks of progesterone patches (10 days early) and try and get my cycle and hrt back in sync or just keep going with the oestrogen ?
Wotcha think?

Taz2

Re: Need fem seven advice
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:17:36 PM »

I think you should keep to the patch routine. Eventually your cycle should even out. Did you start your patches at the advised time of your cycle? Not sure when that should be as I began HRT when my cycle was so unpredictable that I just slapped a patch on the day I picked them up!

Taz x

Kwebst

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 08:13:05 AM »

Wasn't sure where I was with my cycle as I haven't had a bleed or ovulated in about 3 months. Just picked them up and slapped it on too. 😆
K
X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 04:42:10 PM »

I'd carry on then and see what happens!

Taz x

Hover

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 01:52:27 PM »

Hi

I started on these 6 weeks ago and have had the opposite issue - no bleeding at the end of patches that include progesterone.  I have talked to my doctor who says that is not a problem but i have to go back in a month to review.

I did have feedback from others on this site that they tended to feel 'worse' on the patches that include progeterone and wondered what others experience of this has been?