Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti 2mg Help!!  (Read 5472 times)

Jan0303

Elleste Duet Conti 2mg Help!!
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:13:04 PM »

Hi, I'm new to this site. The site was recommended by my GP.  Since I hit 55 in March, my HRT has been changed to the above. Since them I've gained weight (despite no change in diet), my clothes are tight, chronic tiredness & terrible lows & depression. I've gone from someone who loves being out & about & meeting new people to wanting to shut myself away. My GP has arranged blood tests for me but until then she wants me to continue the Elleste.  Has anyone had similar experiences on this HRT & has anyone tried natural remedies?
Jan :(

Rufus657

Re: Elleste Duet Conti 2mg Help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »

Hello Jan
I can sympathise with you on this. I was given this on my first prescription for HRT. Im 59 and I went through all kinds of side effects. Nausea , upset stomach jittery anxious feelings. They all passed but then I was left feeling numb and very low and couldn't get off the sofa. I felt heavy and my boobs were so sore I couldn't bear it.

How long have you been on this prescription and why did your GP change it.

They say you should give it 3 months when often the symptoms settle.

After 2 months and advice from here that the dose was quite high for my age ,  I went back to my Gp ( who was hopeless ) and was given patches femseven conti

I didn't use  them straight away because I was beginning to feel a bit better until I  started a very heavy period with painful cramps ( not ever had this heavy  ... ever !! ) and felt wretched. Again this is common , apparently

That was it ! I went to get the patches.

Since then I've felt better again. Lighter more energy,  period is coming to an end and boobs feel nearly normal. I also feel slimmer I think I was carrying fluid with elleste.

I think the symptoms you feel are quite common with this HRT. IM sure others here will offer advice. It's a fantastic resource and support for us.

I haven't a solution but it may help on your next step. Let us know how you get on.

Jan0303

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:51:38 PM »

Thanks, I've been thinking about using patches. I was on elleste solo & a progesterone only pill before but was told I had to come off them because of my age. Never had any symptoms all the time I was taking them.
Tried femoston it made me sick & hot flushes worse then ever.
Guess it just trial & error....

Rufus657

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 08:09:24 PM »

How long have you been taking elleste duo conti.

Jan0303

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »

I've been taking it for 4 months

Rufus657

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 07:05:52 AM »

Wow , a long time to be feeling rubbish. I would deffo go back and ask for a alternative. Not sure why your GP would do bloods. Apparently there are some good menopause clinics around. That could be an alternative. Get a referral from your GP. Just a thought. Good luck. Xx

Jan0303

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 11:12:48 AM »

Thanks, going back to GP next week xx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 11:16:31 AM »

Hi Jan0303

:welcomemm:

You have given this HRT type long enough to find out if it is suitable.

As Rufus says there are other types you can try. One particular point is that some women do not get on well with continuous combined HRT due to taking a progestogen ( in your case norethisterone) all the time which can gives rise to continuous side effects eg bloating, headaches, tiredness, anxiety and general pms symptoms.

You could either try a different type as she suggests - like a patch which you were considering, such as Femseven conti -  or you could opt to go back to a cycle where you only take the progestgoen for part of the month but then have to have a withdrawal bleed. All the different types are listed in the top tabs - under Treatments/HRT preparations.

I tried natural remedies but they only worked so far (or rather I thought they did!) - and only HRT can reliably get rid of flushes and sweats. The right HRT at the right dose can lift your mood permanently so you feel positive again and wanting to go out! I've been on it 10 years and in my 60's and enjoy life as much as I can.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes :)

Hurdity x